Best ATX case for a quiet buid with Nh-d15?

danw25

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2010
Hi all
building my new rig with a 8700K on an Asusz370 prime A.
2 SSDs
1 HDD

looking for the best case for a quite run.
so far the leading candidate is the fractal define R6 but since i don't have that many drives and i'm not planning on water-cooling,... is there any case that has all 140 fans , can fit the D15 AND is not as long as the R6?

thanks!

Solution
I have the similar - 8700k, Asus prime A, D15s, 3 SSDs (1 mounted back of mobo , the other 2 are nvme on mobo), 2 HDDs.
In a Fractal R6.

Its the best case on the market. Silence is my priority. I replaced 2x A14s (140mm) at the front with 3x of the new A12x25 (120mm). Way more airflow and silent. (to achieve the same air the A14 would be audible (although still quiet compared to other systems).
The only 140mm fans installed now is the rear fan and the one with the D15s.

Suggest you go with your leading candidate. Having room in your case is a plus, not a downside. I've worked with many cases and fractal R5 & R6 have the best build quality ive encountered. Better than a $400 Lian Li i used to own.

fredfinks

Honorable
I have the similar - 8700k, Asus prime A, D15s, 3 SSDs (1 mounted back of mobo , the other 2 are nvme on mobo), 2 HDDs.
In a Fractal R6.

Its the best case on the market. Silence is my priority. I replaced 2x A14s (140mm) at the front with 3x of the new A12x25 (120mm). Way more airflow and silent. (to achieve the same air the A14 would be audible (although still quiet compared to other systems).
The only 140mm fans installed now is the rear fan and the one with the D15s.

Suggest you go with your leading candidate. Having room in your case is a plus, not a downside. I've worked with many cases and fractal R5 & R6 have the best build quality ive encountered. Better than a $400 Lian Li i used to own.

Solution