[SOLVED] Best B450 and X470 motherboards for the R7-1700

What are the best B450 and X470 motherboards for the AMD Ryzen R7-1700?
A friend of mine just got a great deal on one of the R7-1700s and I know the 300 series was designed for the 1700 but I figured he might as well get the newest chipset available at the moment.

Any ideas would be helpful, PS I think mITX and mATX are the largest he would like to go.

Solution
Question drea.drechsler - The motherboards you mention, are those the motherboards that you like or are those the motherboards I should avoid?
ones i like...

I own a b450m mortar with a 1700 on it right now. It's doing great overclocked to 3.95Ghz which is pretty much what that chip is capable of (3.9-4.0 Ghz) for a stable 24/7 overclock.

Previously I was doing a lot of video encodes for my wife but now I'm mainly gaming with the system Folding (Folding@Home) when I'm not. Just something to put all this CPU power to good use for :)
Any ideas would be helpful, PS I think mITX and mATX are the largest he would like to go.

The first thing to do is rule out any boards that lack a decent sized heatsink on the CPU VRM FET's.

MSI B450M Gaming Plus
B450M Mortar (if you can find one)
Asrock B450M Pro4
Asus TUF B450M -Plus PRO (NOT PLUS)

I don't know if there are any X470 mATX.

ROG Strix X470i Gaming (expensive)

for a few

Reactions: JQB45
Question drea.drechsler - The motherboards you mention, are those the motherboards that you like or are those the motherboards I should avoid?
ones i like...

I own a b450m mortar with a 1700 on it right now. It's doing great overclocked to 3.95Ghz which is pretty much what that chip is capable of (3.9-4.0 Ghz) for a stable 24/7 overclock.

Previously I was doing a lot of video encodes for my wife but now I'm mainly gaming with the system Folding (Folding@Home) when I'm not. Just something to put all this CPU power to good use for :)

Solution