Question Best B450 board among the budget boards for overclocking w/ 2200G, playing CS:GO

xcel_jkl

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2010
Hi guys,

So very specifically, I only intend to play CS:GO, but not just casually.

Among the budget B450 boards, which ones would allow me to overclock the 2200g the best? I also plan to buy a budget aftermarket cooler for this purpose.

I was looking along the lines of the Asrock HDV or Pro4, Gigabyte DS3H, MSI Pro M2 etc. but maybe you guys have insight among the three or even outside of those three. Budget is $80 but plus points if this can go even lower.

FYI, the cheaper I go here, the better I can invest in other stuff like a 144hz monitor, mechanical keyboard, gaming headset, gaming mouse etc.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Aug 8, 2019
I own the ASRock one, and performance for me has been great, with a friendly Uefi and easy installation. I haven't experienced overclocking on it, but it doesn't seem to be incredibly difficult. I'd recommend it :)
Though going budget on a cooler for an over locked CPU doesn't seem like a great idea

xcel_jkl

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2010
I would stick to either one of these because they both have the second heatsink over the iGPU VRM.

Thanks for this comment, this is something I was looking for. I am not very knowledgeable with this kind of info. I take it the other motherboards do not have a second heatsink over the iGPU VRM? Can you recommend any other motherboard outside of the two (that may be a bit higher budget-wise) but would be more preferable? Or would you say that the two you mentioned are adequate?

xcel_jkl

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2010
I own the ASRock one, and performance for me has been great, with a friendly Uefi and easy installation. I haven't experienced overclocking on it, but it doesn't seem to be incredibly difficult. I'd recommend it :)
Though going budget on a cooler for an over locked CPU doesn't seem like a great idea

The reason I mentioned this was after watching a video by Hardware Unboxed where he just slapped a $20 aftermarket cooler to his 2200g and performed really well on his CS:GO benchmark. So, I wanted to imitate. I'm throwing the question out here if anyone else has additional insight.

Thanks.

Thanks for this comment, this is something I was looking for. I am not very knowledgeable with this kind of info. I take it the other motherboards do not have a second heatsink over the iGPU VRM? Can you recommend any other motherboard outside of the two (that may be a bit higher budget-wise) but would be more preferable? Or would you say that the two you mentioned are adequate?
Here