[SOLVED] Best B450 MicroATX Board

Tekguy0

Reputable
I need a B450 MicroATX Mobo. What is the best option for a spare Ryzen 3 2200G? I do mild OC and light gaming using the iGPU. I would prefer to spend as little $ as possible and still get a quality board. I really don't care for RGB, my case has no windows. That said, I do want nicer, or at least high quality components onboard, like the VRM and Audio/LAN, though the latter two are not as important as power circuitry. I am currently eyeing the B450 Aorus M. I would like to spend less than $100. Ideas?

Solution
I need a B450 MicroATX Mobo. What is the best option for a spare Ryzen 3 2200G? I do mild OC and light gaming using the iGPU...

First thing to keep in mind is that overclocking a 2200G's CPU is almost pointless and even the best motherboard won't help much with that. But then, even if you get a maximum OC all the boards are capable of handling a 4 core/4 thread CPU so there's really no reason to discriminate on that 'feature' either.

Overclocking the iGPU is very helpful and B450 mATX boards are almost all equal in that regard so long as you're reasonable about it. Although, some do have heatsinks on the SoC FET's to help keep them cool(er) for that kind of abuse and stay alive longer; most noteable among those is Asrock's...
Looks like a nice board. I need MicroATX though.

Yeah it looks nice, but performance wise is not that great of a choice.
The ASRock B450M Pro4(the one suggested in the first comment) VRMs are better and they stay cooler compared to the Gigabyte and Asus.

When OCing the VRM quality and cooling becomes important. If you consider OCing, it makes quite a big difference on APUs especially to OC the CPU and iGPU(also high speed memory plays a big role) , the B450M Pro4 will be better than both the Asus and Gigabyte models you listed there.

Last edited:
Reactions: NightHawkRMX
Yeah it looks nice, but performance wise is not that great of a choice.
The ASRock B450M Pro4(the one suggested in the first comment) VRMs are better and they stay cooler compared to the Gigabyte and Asus.

When OCing the VRM quality and cooling becomes important. If you consider OCing, it makes quite a big difference on APUs especially to OC the CPU and iGPU(also high speed memory plays a big role) , the B450M Pro4 will be better than both the Asus and Gigabyte models you listed there.
That was the main reason i suggested it. Although, it also is feature-rich. Dual M.2 slots, 4 ram slots, and an 8 pin CPU power connector.

Reactions: Tekguy0
I need a B450 MicroATX Mobo. What is the best option for a spare Ryzen 3 2200G? I do mild OC and light gaming using the iGPU...

First thing to keep in mind is that overclocking a 2200G's CPU is almost pointless and even the best motherboard won't help much with that. But then, even if you get a maximum OC all the boards are capable of handling a 4 core/4 thread CPU so there's really no reason to discriminate on that 'feature' either.

Overclocking the iGPU is very helpful and B450 mATX boards are almost all equal in that regard so long as you're reasonable about it. Although, some do have heatsinks on the SoC FET's to help keep them cool(er) for that kind of abuse and stay alive longer; most noteable among those is Asrock's B450M Pro 4.

Otherwise, they're all equal enough that what you really could focus on are other features like secondary M.2 sockets, secondary PCIe slots, etc. And lastly is price and assuming prices haven't changed much the B450m Pro 4 is a very reasonably priced board for what you get.

Reactions: Tekguy0
Solution

TRENDING THREADS