Best Benchmark Software for productivity

Jul 24, 2018
Hi all. I want to compare our work laptops CPU performance and wanted to see what is the best benchmark software to use. We only use our laptops for Office 365 and web browising, so GPU performance is not important. I would however be able to compare our current i7 7th gen laptops to the new 8th gen ones to see if the extra price was/will be worth it. The only one i know is Geekbench but i thought rather than guess ill ask the experts. Thank you in advance.

Solution
The only way that would give you any usable info would be to test an/any actual work load that your business does a lot of.
Benchmarks test a lot of different things that you might never run so it's mainly useless to look at them,bottom line they are going to tell you that the 8th is a little bit faster while using a little bit less power(longer autonomy for your laptops) .
The only way that would give you any usable info would be to test an/any actual work load that your business does a lot of.
Benchmarks test a lot of different things that you might never run so it's mainly useless to look at them,bottom line they are going to tell you that the 8th is a little bit faster while using a little bit less power(longer autonomy for your laptops) .

Solution

https://www.passmark.com/products/pt.htm

TRENDING THREADS