Discussion Best big budget director in Hollywood as of 2022? In your Opinion.

minnin90

Commendable
Sep 1, 2021
Denis Villeneuve

Ok so yes I haven't seen Dune, which surprises people, but I didn't have the money to see it on the big screen nor buy it (yet) and I do not like streaming unless I must.

But:

Based on Blade Runner 2049, Sicario, Prisoners,Arrival,etc....I gotta say he hasn't made in my opinion a bad big budget film, yet. I'll confirm this after I see Dune as pretty much 99% of people are in love with it, but with me you never know! :D I do plan on buying Dune payday in February. Just the Blu Ray tho as I do not do 4k....yet....

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Aside from a few minor changes from the source material, and a little scene re-arrangement, it is a very good Dune. A little sad they didn't make the first book in one go though, but that actually makes some sense given the actual time jump in the novels. I suspect they'll revisit it when the younger actors are a little older.

Certainly a good visionary director and one of the better ones technique wise. No one really comes to mind except maybe Peter Jackson, though he is now just doing his own thing (and even he isn't immune from studio interference). Sadly a lot of directors just get stuck in one mode and keep pumping out the same style over and over. Some might call it a signature, but to me it speaks of laziness.

Reactions: minnin90

minnin90

Commendable
Sep 1, 2021
Aside from a few minor changes from the source material, and a little scene re-arrangement, it is a very good Dune. A little sad they didn't make the first book in one go though, but that actually makes some sense given the actual time jump in the novels. I suspect they'll revisit it when the younger actors are a little older.

Certainly a good visionary director and one of the better ones technique wise. No one really comes to mind except maybe Peter Jackson, though he is now just doing his own thing (and even he isn't immune from studio interference). Sadly a lot of directors just get stuck in one mode and keep pumping out the same style over and over. Some might call it a signature, but to me it speaks of laziness.

Saw Dune tonight on BD on a 58in TV as thats all I have, was impressed. Either my favorite movie of 2021 or 2nd fav.

TRENDING THREADS