[SOLVED] Best BIOS?

Solution
Everyone. It's a matter of preference vs mobo. Asus ROG has the most variable, there's settings in it nobody but pro-overclockers use. The asus prime is more limited, so easier to plug and play. Same works fir any brand, the higher the performance, the more intense the bios. Msi tends to be more technical, asrock more user friendly. But it all depends on what you personally are more comfortable using.

The bios on my Asus is junk, it's so simple, no real user changes other than yes/no for most things. My msi is so technical with such a wide variety of possibilities that there's stuff in it I've never touched, still on auto, and I have no clue what it does or is for.

Best is personal. Just one more thing to think about but shouldn't...

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Everyone. It's a matter of preference vs mobo. Asus ROG has the most variable, there's settings in it nobody but pro-overclockers use. The asus prime is more limited, so easier to plug and play. Same works fir any brand, the higher the performance, the more intense the bios. Msi tends to be more technical, asrock more user friendly. But it all depends on what you personally are more comfortable using.

The bios on my Asus is junk, it's so simple, no real user changes other than yes/no for most things. My msi is so technical with such a wide variety of possibilities that there's stuff in it I've never touched, still on auto, and I have no clue what it does or is for.

Best is personal. Just one more thing to think about but shouldn't deter you from a board choice unless the boards are so identical it's a matter of which bios fits you better.

Solution
Who has the best BIOS interface available?
It really doesn't matter because however the settings get organized there will always be a large number of people who find it illogical compared to whatever they used before and will hate on it. And even if it really is a mess, once you learn how it's organized you'll know how to get to it, get it done and get out fast.

IMO, for instance, the best BIOS UI is MSI's ClikBIOS 5 interface. The 'back to the future' one they went to for Ryzen 3000 BIOS' on pre-MAX motherboards. It's not laggy at all with a simple text based interface. Quick and easy to navigate. Everyone else hates on it cause it's not graphical, with red dragons or whatever. I don't care, I just want to get in get it done and get out.

The only BIOS' that really annoy are those that don't follow the same naming conventions for settings that others use. So when someone tells you to enable or disable something you can at least search all the sections to find it without having to ask yourself "Ok, might a demented mind think of renaming this setting to that?" for everything you come across.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS