Best brand for GTX 760

cosmineus

Reputable
Aug 28, 2014
I want to buy a GTX 760 but i don't know what brand should i choose. I don't want to overclock it !!!
I was thinking to choose ASUS but i don't really know.

My currently specs:
CPU: AMD FX-6300
Motherboard: ASRock 970 Extreme3 R2.0
Graphics Card: Geforce GTS 450
Power Supply: It's from Corsair 400W(don't know the model) but i will upgrade it once i will have the card.
Memory: 8GB
Case: Cooltek Timaios

Solution
Can't go wrong with the ASUS DCUII. It can be overclocked a lot if you ever wanted to try. Can all be done in software using MSI Afterburner.

Or you can buy a factory overclocked card. EVGA boards with the ACX cooler often have some of the highest factory overclocks.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Can't go wrong with the ASUS DCUII. It can be overclocked a lot if you ever wanted to try. Can all be done in software using MSI Afterburner.

Or you can buy a factory overclocked card. EVGA boards with the ACX cooler often have some of the highest factory overclocks.

Solution

mikey2276

Honorable
May 4, 2013
Got myself an EVGA 760 with the ACX cooler at the start of the year, and it's been a brilliant card. It's cool, quiet, and it works perfectly. I get 60fps in virtually all the games I play on max, including Skyrim and Fallout (with ENBs), Thief, Splinter Cell, Tomb Raider, Saints Row, Dragon Age, Assassin's Creed, Witcher 2, etc. etc. Think you get the idea: mostly I play RPGs with relatively large environments. The 760 has no problem playing games with smaller environments like Call of Duty, Counter Strike, TF2, Batman Arkham, and etc.
I don't run it overclocked beyond the factory overclock, so I can't tell you how well my card holds up with overclocking, but reviews say it's great for overclocking (if you ever decide to do that), and EVGA precision makes it easy to do and test.
The only way it could get better is if I SLI'd it.. which I intend to do once I get the money.

It also comes with a lifetime warranty, so I would recommend the EVGA.. gotta say I've had a blast with it.

I meant to say that EVGA has more models, like ACX, classified, superclocked etc. But I've also heard that their OC software has lots of features.

Gigabyte on the other hand only has stock and overclock models. So go with gigabyte for simplicity.