Best Brand for RAM ?

8Vidia

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2010
Hi guys . i just wanted to know what is the best brand for RAM ?
i wanted to get 2x2Gb 1333MHZ ddr3

& found this 3 options : Kingmax , Umax , Geil . but dont know which is better & why . someone told me none of them , he suggested me G.Skill . what do you think whats the best Brand for RAM ?

deweycd

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2005
There are many names out there that make excellent ram, G.Skill, Mushkin, Patriot, Corsair, Crucial, ect. In many cases it depends on availability and price. If you find a good name brand for a low price then it is usually best to get one of them. I went with warranty, availability, and price. Mushkin will replace on of my Dimms if it ever goes bad.

GSkill and Corsair are what I use now. The Crucial Ballistix were good but they had massive problems with the DDR2 1066 so I haven't used them since and the cost isn't worth it either. OCZ is too picky on motherboards, when they work, they work very well, when they don't it's ugly.

It's like which flavor of ice cream you like, but vanilla is better with chocolate fudge as long as it fits the cup.

Meaning, Certified and Tested RAM specific to your MOBO with the best possible speed, reduced CAS and nominal Voltage. All that a variety of costs.

Crucial but only Dominator & GT
Mushkin but only Ridgeback & Redline
G.SKILL but only Rip Jaws, PI & Trident
Kingston but only HyperX series ~ T1

Dirt Cheap & Good then Crucial

jessa

Honorable
Aug 6, 2012