Best Brand RX580?

Ttesar06

Honorable
Mar 13, 2013
ive been doing some research and it seems the rx 580 8gb is pretty much comparable to the gtx 1060 6 gb in terms of performance. my question is why is the rx 580 clock speed somuch lower than that of the 1060? and is it possible that it performs equally?

Anyways. ive been doing some shopping and im unsure which rx 580 to purchase. i don't know which brands are good or which cards are worth the money and which are not. this is what im looking at now, any criticism is welcome or suggestions on better cards etc. and thanks in advance.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814131713&ignorebbr=1&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-PCPartPicker,%20LLC-_-na-_-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=10446076&PID=3938566&SID=

Solution
The AMD and Nvidia architectures are simply different, so that achieve results differently. Both allow overclocking to eek out more performance, but as you have noted, you can't directly measure performance via clockspeeds.

Personally, I prefer Sapphire AMD products, Asus would be my second choice. I am not as confident with PowerColor, but the price you linked is pretty good.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
The AMD and Nvidia architectures are simply different, so that achieve results differently. Both allow overclocking to eek out more performance, but as you have noted, you can't directly measure performance via clockspeeds.

Personally, I prefer Sapphire AMD products, Asus would be my second choice. I am not as confident with PowerColor, but the price you linked is pretty good.

Solution

ohenryy

Honorable
Many test's been saying PowerColor Red Devil series are one of the best if not the best 580's in the market.
Read plenty of reviews before buying mine and indeed it's a really good card, solid construction and overclocks better than I've seen around.
It uses a big cooler, not sure if you want that, but it does keep the temps low and it runs pretty quiet as well.

COLGeek

Cybernaut

Some sources would be useful. Might even change my opinion of PowerColor as I admit my (poor) experiences with them are now rather dated. Thanks.