[SOLVED] Best browser for Windows xp 32bit ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

aakashpatel007

Reputable
Jul 20, 2019
i want a browser for xp for smooth use in instagram website chrome and mozila lag so much pls help and one more thing pls don't suggest Chinese browser

Solution
Because i have pentium 4 single core cpu and 1gb ram i installed win 7 but lags too much so i am using winx32 bit

In short : Don't have a money to buy new pc😅

Issue is your slow computer not XP or the browser. Maybe getting 4 gb of RAM would help, but really the only fix for modern use is a replacement system. Used early i3 or i5 systems are not that expensive, and even something like a Core 2 Duo or Core 2 Quad system sill be faster.

Wolfshadw

Titan
In short, the problem you are running into is that most web sites have no support for Windows XP. As mentioned, support for Windows XP ended years ago. So did support for web sites that functioned with browsers that ran on XP.

I'd suggest seeing if you can create a Linux VM with a current browser to run on your XP system.

-Wolf sends

Reactions: aakashpatel007

dreamteam

Reputable
Jul 29, 2020
i want a browser for xp for smooth use in instagram website chrome and mozila lag so much pls help and one more thing pls don't suggest Chinese browser

I did read the first comments and stopped reading the same crap about windows XP no longer being supported. Not sure why others are trying to clear up your mind if you are a die hard XP fan.....

Serpent browser is a fork of Basilisk/Firefox and it's updated weekly so it works perfect in 99% of the sites. it's made by someone from Hong Kong but the source code is open

the second alternative is the chinese 360 chrome browser modified by the russians so all telemetry is disabled to prevent the chinese government to spy on you

I will not recommend the Centaury, Maypal and others which are forks of each other and they don't support multi process that's why your genuine Firefox is not smooth because you have it disabled.

Because i have pentium 4 single core cpu and 1gb ram i installed win 7 but lags too much so i am using winx32 bit

In short : Don't have a money to buy new pc😅

Issue is your slow computer not XP or the browser. Maybe getting 4 gb of RAM would help, but really the only fix for modern use is a replacement system. Used early i3 or i5 systems are not that expensive, and even something like a Core 2 Duo or Core 2 Quad system sill be faster.

Reactions: aakashpatel007
Solution

aakashpatel007

Reputable
Jul 20, 2019
I did read the first comments and stopped reading the same crap about windows XP no longer being supported. Not sure why others are trying to clear up your mind if you are a die hard XP fan.....

Serpent browser is a fork of Basilisk/Firefox and it's updated weekly so it works perfect in 99% of the sites. it's made by someone from Hong Kong but the source code is open

the second alternative is the chinese 360 chrome browser modified by the russians so all telemetry is disabled to prevent the chinese government to spy on you

I will not recommend the Centaury, Maypal and others which are forks of each other and they don't support multi process that's why your genuine Firefox is not smooth because you have it disabled.
Thank u so much for time

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
I'm not sure you're going to have a whole lot of luck. I tried to install Linux on a Pentium 4 HT system I had with 2GB RAM several years ago.

A FEW sites would work (I used Firefox), most sites, however, would cause the fans to ramp up to full speed and cause the system to almost come to a halt. If I hit PageUp or PageDown, it would take several seconds before the system responded to my keypress.

It was an impossible-to-deal-with experience.

aakashpatel007

Reputable
Jul 20, 2019
I'm not sure you're going to have a whole lot of luck. I tried to install Linux on a Pentium 4 HT system I had with 2GB RAM several years ago.

A FEW sites would work (I used Firefox), most sites, however, would cause the fans to ramp up to full speed and cause the system to almost come to a halt. If I hit PageUp or PageDown, it would take several seconds before the system responded to my keypress.

It was an impossible-to-deal-with experience.
Thanks i think its time to move on from single core cpu to atleast 4core cpu

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
Thanks i think its time to move on from single core cpu to atleast 4core cpu

If you're only doing things on the web, you might not even need that much. It's not just the core counts, but the IPC (instructions per clock) that has improved vastly since the Pentium 4 days.

As I recall, it seemed that the Pentium 4 was a step backwards, with, as I recall, reviewers saying the Pentium 3 could match the Pentium 4 even if the Pentium 3's clock speed was slightly lower.

Even the Micro Machine (see in my sig), using a lowly 2-core, 4-thread Athlon 200GE (in the US, the Athlon 3000G is faster, but generally lower priced) with 8GB of system RAM handles browsing, watching videos, and even some very light gaming very well. It's something to consider.

Status
Not open for further replies.