Best budget 144hz 1080p monitor WITHOUT built-in speakers?

FreezeRay

Honorable
Jan 1, 2014
I'm having a hard time finding a decent 144hz 1080p monitor that doesn't have built-in speakers. I have a 5.1 surround system, I don't want or need speakers built into the monitor. Any suggestions here fellas?

Solution

144Hz Monitors that don't have speakers usually cost the same as those that do.

Most good value 144Hz Monitors that are suggested to people will have speakers in them.

I suggest ignoring the existence of the speakers, just don't use them. They're technically a free addition and have no value by themselves.

Having no speakers in a monitor you want filters out the good value panels that are out there.

As pugoven says, don't let the speakers be the deciding factor.

spazbandicoot

Reputable
Jan 24, 2018
I've been looking around for a new 144Hz monitor and I've kept a close eye on the Acer KG251QF. It's relatively new, 144Hz 1080p 1ms and thin bezels (what Acer call 'ZeroFrame'). It does have speakers in them, but they don't have to be used. This is a pretty good deal if you ask me.

spazbandicoot

Reputable
Jan 24, 2018

144Hz Monitors that don't have speakers usually cost the same as those that do.

Most good value 144Hz Monitors that are suggested to people will have speakers in them.

I suggest ignoring the existence of the speakers, just don't use them. They're technically a free addition and have no value by themselves.

Having no speakers in a monitor you want filters out the good value panels that are out there.

As pugoven says, don't let the speakers be the deciding factor.

Solution

FreezeRay

Honorable
Jan 1, 2014

I suppose that's fair. Thanks spaz.

spazbandicoot

Reputable
Jan 24, 2018

No problem. Happy to help.