[SOLVED] Best budget AIO liquid cooler/Fans

deadrush

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2013
I'm looking to buy an AIO liquid cooler for my Ryzen 5 3600. I plan to OC once I get it. I'm also trying to convert my plain red led fans to RGB. So what would be best AIO thats RGB as well as replacement RGB case fans X4. I'm looking to get ARGB fans if possible with extremely nice led looks.

AIO budget is gonna be around 100-150 high end
Case fans budget I'm not sure about I know ARGB fans are expensive so any recommendations are helpful as long as its not ridiculous

Thanks in advance

Solution
I honestly dont see the point in spending 100-150$ on a water cooler just so you can overclock and let me explain why.

Your 3600 with stock cooler is a decent cpu and should be able to do whatever you need it to, you can buy an expensive water cooler but there is no guarantee you will be able to overclock anyways, luck of the bin in that respect.

That money would be better spent either buying the fastest ram possible for your system or bumping up to a 3800x which you may be able to find for an extra 150$ over the price of the 3600.

Finally if you are gaming the extra 150 would probably be better served towards a gpu upgrade.
Whats your budget? I wouldn't recommend a budget AIO especially if we speak bellow 100$ price point. Noctua , Be quite air coolers will serve you good with no chance of liquid leak , pump failure and less noise. NZXT Kraken X62 is a good option at ~140$ price point.

deadrush

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2013
I currently have a CRYORIG R1 Ultimate Dual Tower Heatsink but it's just too bulky for my liking it cools amazingly just huge. Would a smaller air cooler perform just as well? Also what about budget ARGB case fans?

I currently have a CRYORIG R1 Ultimate Dual Tower Heatsink but it's just too bulky for my liking it cools amazingly just huge. Would a smaller air cooler perform just as well? Also what about budget ARGB case fans?
120mm aio are bad. If you are willing to buy an aio go for minimum 240mm and the biggest you go the better the cooling cause the water have biggest surface to flow and cool ( the other option are 280mm and 360mm). Personally i would just stay with the cooler that you already have its pointless to go to a smaller aircooler or to a watercooler especially if you not overclocking (ryzen 3000 dont get that much of performance from overclocking anyway). If you care so much about the looks then you can check the nzxt kraken x62 as i mentioned that have infinity mirror , rgb and will also perform good.

Last edited:

OllympianGamer

Honorable
Dec 22, 2016
I honestly dont see the point in spending 100-150$ on a water cooler just so you can overclock and let me explain why.

Your 3600 with stock cooler is a decent cpu and should be able to do whatever you need it to, you can buy an expensive water cooler but there is no guarantee you will be able to overclock anyways, luck of the bin in that respect.

That money would be better spent either buying the fastest ram possible for your system or bumping up to a 3800x which you may be able to find for an extra 150$ over the price of the 3600.

Finally if you are gaming the extra 150 would probably be better served towards a gpu upgrade.

Solution

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
Most people that say 'I am going to overclock' don't really know how to effectively overclock using all the required manual BIOS settings to achieve their desired result. Most end up using the 'Overclock 5%, 10%, 15%, 25%' options and think they've achieved something special. This does OC the CPU, but with sub-optimal settings (including voltages) which introduce more heat than is actually necessary.

I would agree, the money is better spent on the next tier CPU, more/faster memory or faster/better SSD storage...or better graphics card. The real-world results are more measurable.

Thank you for the help and information in regards to AIO cooler.

What about upgrading my x4 case fans to ARGB fans?
Its the same case as the AIO. You wont notice any differnce just the looks of the build especially if you have a case with glass. Corsair LL120 are the best looking RGB fans. But still we dont know the rest of your computer maybe its better to invest your budget to an actual upgrade.