Question Best budget b550/b450 mobo with or without wifi (wifi preffered) and bios flashback under 180 bucks.

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
M = mATX

Especially considering built-in WiFi, if you're like >95% of PC gamers out there, you'll never have more than the top x16 slot populated with your GPU for the life of the board.

mATX hasn't gotten the attention it deserves (despite serving all the needs of the vast majority of users) because of case size. Except for a few outliers, mATX cases don't end up being much smaller than ATX ones, where as mITX compared to ATX is a noticeable difference. mATX ends up being the awkward middle child. As such, consumers end up with the notion of "as long as ATX isn't much larger that mATX, what's the harm in having more slots, even if they'll go unused?"

Last edited:
May 5, 2021
Okay. Is there a difference between B550M and b550, and does the m. 2 shield matter if I have excellent airflow
AFAIK, the "m" stands for micro, as in micro-atx. The m.2 shield doesn't really matter if you aren't giving it a big task to do over a long time. Most of those are just for looks, though I used mine just in case

Jan 30, 2021
Here it is. Costs exactly 3758 dhs. I'll try to lower it but the mobo is great. Gonna try to lower the price in different areas. I just edited the price from 3833 since the mobo is originally cheaper I just overpriced it

Can you tell me about the two psu's I sent above and which ones better the seasonic gx 750 and the straight power 11

This question has been asked and answered, see the answer again below.

Depends. Can be either or both or neither.

If you plan on keeping the psu for the intended upgrade in a few years, then the Seasonic is slightly better than the straight power, and by then you might actually have a need for a 750w/850w psu.

But that's the kicker, need. I'm running my entire full custom loop, 3700x OC with a 2070Super OC all from a tiny SFX 600w. If your intended power draw on the upgrade is going to be higher than mine, a 750w might be doable. But if not, it's a waste of money, you'd be more than fine with a 450w, a 650w already being overkill.

Bigger absolutely does not mean better, I'd throw my Corsair SFX-600 Platinum up against almost any 750w/850w Bronze or Gold and still come out ahead, and I'm not talking about efficiency ratings there.

So what's the intended upgrade going to be? A 10900k/5900x class cpu with 3080 class or bigger gpu? Those require a 750/850w psu. If you are only looking at a 5600x/11600k class cpu with a 3060/3070 class gpu, then a 650w is plenty.

I'd rather put money into a 650w Platinum with a 10-12 year wattanty than a 850w Gold with a 5-10 year warranty for roughly the same price.

Jan 30, 2021
btw you were right guys, the asus has the best value. The b550 a pro from msi costs 600 AEd and comes with no wifi, while the asus b550m-wifi comes with wifi 6 and bluetooth 5 for 625. Thanks guys.