Solution
will use 5600x or max 5800x if 5600x (want be in stock ) and gonna use 1 x m.2 and ofc no wifi needed using port and atm, have 3x sata +1 hdd gonna replace that soon

With those CPU choices and ports useage you can just about buy on aesthetics alone. Based on the reviews (GamerNexus' mainly) Zen3 has remarkably low power draw when run in stock and all across the stack B550 has much better VRM's. Something to look for is location of the SATA ports so that cable routing works well inside your case.

But if they work for you, I'd suggest either ROG Strix-F or Tomahawk for sure.
Honestly, they're all pretty good. I'd probably lean to the ROG Strix B550-F Gaming, but the B550 Tomahawk was one of the coolest running VRM's in HWUnboxed tests.

But seriously, none of these are exactly in the 'budget' class of B550; they're pretty much upper middle to top end. You don't list the CPU you're putting on it but if a 5600X you can go much cheaper and it will do excellent. You can concentrate then purely on features most important, like USB ports, LAN/WiFi, M.2 sockets, SATA ports, even aesthetics.

Reactions: JoBalz

Giras

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2015
Honestly, they're all pretty good. I'd probably lean to the ROG Strix B550-F Gaming, but the B550 Tomahawk was one of the coolest running VRM's in HWUnboxed tests.

But seriously, none of these are exactly in the 'budget' class of B550; they're pretty much upper middle to top end. You don't list the CPU you're putting on it but if a 5600X you can go much cheaper and it will do excellent. You can concentrate then purely on features most important, like USB ports, LAN/WiFi, M.2 sockets, SATA ports, even aesthetics.

will use 5600x or max 5800x if 5600x (want be in stock ) and gonna use 1 x m.2 and ofc no wifi needed using port and atm, have 3x sata +1 hdd gonna replace that soon

With those CPU choices and ports useage you can just about buy on aesthetics alone. Based on the reviews (GamerNexus' mainly) Zen3 has remarkably low power draw when run in stock and all across the stack B550 has much better VRM's. Something to look for is location of the SATA ports so that cable routing works well inside your case.

Solution
why wouldn't it work properly sorry dont understand this part ??
It depends on your case and concern for how it looks when installed. Sometimes SATA port connections force you to route the cable in a place that detracts from appearances, or even interferes with the location of some other device. It's highly personal but matters a lot to some when planning a 'showcase' build, inside of a case with glass side panels and RGB lighting.

Giras

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2015
It depends on your case and concern for how it looks when installed. Sometimes SATA port connections force you to route the cable in a place that detracts from appearances, or even interferes with the location of some other device. It's highly personal but matters a lot to some when planning a 'showcase' build, inside of a case with glass side panels and RGB lighting.

ah im not worried About that cos i have custom cables but thx for advice
https://ibb.co/jbKfPXm

Last edited:

JoBalz

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2014

One other thing, if your case has a front USB-C onnector that needs to be plugged into the motherboard, make sure the motherboard has the 20-pin socket required to plug it in. The MSI Tomahawk has it but not all MSI B550s did the last time I checked, and other brands did not have it. You can purchase and after-market card that plugs into a 4x or 16x pcie slot (which I had to do for my B450 Tomahawk), and it works well, but it is an additional expense and will fill a slot.

gtarayan

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2011