[SOLVED] Best budget Build

Bobbrugge

Honorable
May 2, 2014
Apparently my 10 year old system is less than impressive when overclocking. Something is going to get cooked, then it will be time to start over.
Before it does I thought it might be a good idea to figure out the best system I can build for the least money.
I have a full size case and a 1500W PSU that should be powerful enough to run anything. I also have a evo 212 cooler that might be good for a more modern processor. Thinking about replacing it with an h100i.
I have no real requirements other than ease of use BIOS and longevity. Something a beginner overclocker can wade through.
I like to play elder scrolls currently.
Looking for the most computer that I can build for the least money, or at least suggestions that I can research to find something usable. Currently using AMD because they were or are less than an Intel.
TIA!

Solution
What model is the 1500w psu, and is it also 10 years old? If its 10 years old, you will want to replace it regardless of the wattage, pc's don't take a ton of power anymore unless you're buying hedt parts and multiple top spec gpu's.

A nice 550w+, gold rated, seasonic focus or corsair rmx will be more then enough.

Also, head on over to pcpartpicker , click on system builder, and mess around with some lists to see what's up.
What country are you shopping in?

Please provide an upper limit to your budget, otherwise this question is too open ended.

What monitor do you have?

Since you put this in the "prebuilt" forum section, does this need to be a pre-built machine, or are you able to assemble the individual components yourself?

Bobbrugge

Honorable
May 2, 2014
What country are you shopping in?

Please provide an upper limit to your budget, otherwise this question is too open ended.

What monitor do you have?

Since you put this in the "prebuilt" forum section, does this need to be a pre-built machine, or are you able to assemble the individual components yourself?
I wasn't sure where to put this, so I stuck it here.
Upper limit is not much, like less than nothing. If I can grab a hundred dollar part here and there from my side hustles, I will. I am shopping in the USA, and can assemble it myself.
I currently run an am3+ platform that I built myself.
As far as monitor, I am using a 40"tv by Sony.

What model is the 1500w psu, and is it also 10 years old? If its 10 years old, you will want to replace it regardless of the wattage, pc's don't take a ton of power anymore unless you're buying hedt parts and multiple top spec gpu's.

A nice 550w+, gold rated, seasonic focus or corsair rmx will be more then enough.

Also, head on over to pcpartpicker , click on system builder, and mess around with some lists to see what's up.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS