[SOLVED] Best budget cooler?

Tartarnos

Prominent
Aug 19, 2019
Hey all, Im looking to buy a budget cooler for my ryzen 3600x. I currently have my eyes set on the freezer 7x, but Ive noticed that theres a freezer 7x co? What is the difference between the two? I cant seem to find any answers online. Also, is the hyper 212 evo a good option? Im also open to suggestions. Thanks

Solution
The freezer 7x actually launched February this year. I think you may have been thinking about the original ones, which is understandable. Do you happen to know what CO means? Thanks

Freezer 7x has a 92mm fdb (hydraulic bearing) fan

Freezer 7x co has a 100mm dual ball bearing fan.

I'd generally choose an hydraulic bearing fan over a ball bearing fan, it's quieter and will last longer.

I have no idea why the co is more expensive. It makes virtually no sense having 2 different models at all.

I would still go with a 120mm tower minimum for a ryzen second gen.

It would be a better choice.
Im very happy with my low budget, yet good Deep Cool Gammaxx GTE, there is the GTE V2 now, but Im not 100% sure how that one works. Another budget option will be the classic Gammaxx 400 (which also have a V2).

I don't think anything else is worth cheaper than those. The stock cooler should probably be equal or even better than cheaper products.

If you want something better, Arctic Freezer 34 esport / esport DUO or the Hyper 212 Black Edition.

Tartarnos

Prominent
Aug 19, 2019
I looked at the benchmarks, and the Freezer 7x outperforms the GTE V2 quite a bit, but thanks for the suggestion! My main question is still on the difference between the 7x and the 7x co. Do you happen to know what the co means?

I looked at the benchmarks, and the Freezer 7x outperforms the GTE V2 quite a bit, but thanks for the suggestion! My main question is still on the difference between the 7x and the 7x co. Do you happen to know what the co means?

No way on this planet the freezer 7 outperforms a gammaxx gt or gammaxx 400!

Its a 10 year old 92mm cooler, its no better than the stock ryzen cooler, probably not as good even.

Tartarnos

Prominent
Aug 19, 2019
No way on this planet the freezer 7 outperforms a gammaxx gt or gammaxx 400!

Its a 10 year old 92mm cooler, its no better than the stock ryzen cooler, probably not as good even.
The freezer 7x actually launched February this year. I think you may have been thinking about the original ones, which is understandable. Do you happen to know what CO means? Thanks

Freezer 7x has a 92mm fdb (hydraulic bearing) fan

Freezer 7x co has a 100mm dual ball bearing fan.

I'd generally choose an hydraulic bearing fan over a ball bearing fan, it's quieter and will last longer.

I have no idea why the co is more expensive. It makes virtually no sense having 2 different models at all.

I would still go with a 120mm tower minimum for a ryzen second gen.

It would be a better choice.

Solution