[SOLVED] Best budget CPU for streaming and recoding

ricod306

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2013
Good day all

I am looking to get a x570 motherboard. I'm also getting 32GB DDR4 3200MHz ram and a 1TB Gen 4 SSD.

My question is what CPU. I already have a decent i5 7500 and a GTX 1070. These are all good for plain gaming but I need a CPU cheap but good enough for recording 1080p@60fps and streaming 720p@60fps. I was thinking of getting a Ryzen 7 2800x or something with a high core and thread count but if I can go cheaper please give me suggestions. I will be using OBS as my recording platform.

Solution
My question is what CPU. I already have a decent i5 7500 and a GTX 1070. These are all good for plain gaming
Using shadowplay you can record with your 1070 with minimal, if any, reduction in performance.
The iGPU of the i5-7500 is more than capable of 1080/60 as well and will also have zero effect on performance.
The trick is to give the recording a higher priority then the game so that windows knows that you want a smooth recording, OBS has a setting just for that but you can also just use windows task manager in case you want to go with shadowplay.
My question is what CPU. I already have a decent i5 7500 and a GTX 1070. These are all good for plain gaming
Using shadowplay you can record with your 1070 with minimal, if any, reduction in performance.
The iGPU of the i5-7500 is more than capable of 1080/60 as well and will also have zero effect on performance.
The trick is to give the recording a higher priority then the game so that windows knows that you want a smooth recording, OBS has a setting just for that but you can also just use windows task manager in case you want to go with shadowplay.

Solution

ricod306

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2013
Mmmmm makes sense though, my shadowplay was really bad. The content was unwatchable..... But I'll try it again but give it top priority as I did for OBS and see if it fixes the issues.

Sorry for saying 2800x I wasnt sure if it exisited or not:ROFLMAO: