[SOLVED] Best budget desktop dac/amp combo?

HeyItsFroggy

Honorable
Dec 1, 2014
After a little over of 6 years have gone by and I am finally interested in getting better audio equipment over my onboard audio from my motherboard.

I'm personally asking for recommendations on a Desktop Dac/Amp Combo for my listening needs as I like to play video games and also listen to music.

I'm planning on buying the Massdrop x Sennheiser HD58X Jubilee's and wanted to upgrade to a dac/amp combo for my computer usage.

I'm been looking at the Fiio K5 Pro, and other amps such as the ifi zen can amp and many other budget dacs and amps.

I have a budget of $350 for headphones and a desktop dac/amp combo.

Current Motherboard
MSI Z270-A-PRO

Solution
I've found out a solution to my question, I'll be getting the HD58X Jubilee's and using my onboard audio to drive them, if there's not enough power or they don't get loud enough then I'll be purchasing an amp to fully drive them. (JDS Labs Atom)

Lutfij

Titan
Would you be interested in buying a discrete sound card, as opposed to going with a USB driven DAC/AMP? You're only planning on pairing the DAC/AMP with your headphones, correct or are you also thinking about having, say, bookshelf speakers or (studio grade)monitors(speakers)?

For your budget I would go a bit higher in headphone quality (although that really depends on you and what you find is better). Most people think the HD 6XX sound better than the 58X so probably worth the extra cost there. The ifi Zen is a great one to get, FX Audio DAC6 is also good for almost half the price. Or just get an amp for the headphones and use the onboard audio, which is pretty good with that motherboard O2 amp is good https://www.amazon.com/DROP-Massdro...76D9DHB7FNX5&refRID=Q27ND9Y276D9DHB7FNX5&th=1

HeyItsFroggy

Honorable
Dec 1, 2014
I've found out a solution to my question, I'll be getting the HD58X Jubilee's and using my onboard audio to drive them, if there's not enough power or they don't get loud enough then I'll be purchasing an amp to fully drive them. (JDS Labs Atom)

Solution