Best budget gaming PC

Oct 20, 2018
Hi. My current PC isn't really up to snuff anymore, so I've decided that I'm going to get a new one soon. I'm only a teen, so I can't have a real job, so money is an issue. I'll be earning some money here and there but not a lot. My question is, do you people know of any good prebuilt PC's that are under/around the $750 mark? I do not want integrated graphics, and (preferably Intel) a quad-core processor that is clocked in at least 3GHz should be fine. I'd love a tempered glass side panel too, maybe with remote control RGB as well. If it isn't customizable from the website (like iBuyPower has), I'd like some RGB things as well. It doesn't have to match all of this, and you can answer with just a website with some quality gaming PCs at this price range. Also please let me know of budget PC brands that I may not know, so I can look there too. Thanks!

Solution
You should aim to have a custom build.

Here is your RGB heaven, nice Windowed case with 3 RGB from fans (should invest in 1 more RGB layer for exhaust, for now can take over front fan and put for exhaust), RGB Ram, some lights on motherboard. RGB Ram...

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 2600 3.4 GHz 6-Core Processor ($164.99 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: Gigabyte - B450 AORUS PRO WIFI (rev. 1.0) ATX AM4 Motherboard ($123.88 @ OutletPC)
Memory: G.Skill - Trident Z RGB 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory ($129.89 @ OutletPC)
Storage: Silicon Power - S55 480 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($54.99 @ Newegg)
Video Card: XFX...

WildCard999

Titan
Don't bother with a prebuilt, for your budget you can build something better.

Motherboard: Gigabyte - B450M DS3H Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard ($73.98 @ Newegg)
Memory: Team - Vulcan 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory ($109.89 @ OutletPC)
Storage: Crucial - MX500 250 GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive ($42.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($44.85 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: Sapphire - Radeon RX 580 4 GB NITRO+ Video Card ($189.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Fractal Design - Focus G (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case ($55.99 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: SeaSonic - FOCUS Plus Gold 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($79.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Total: $762.67
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-12-19 21:36 EST-0500

Hold off on the RGB stuff for now, performance > aesthetics.

Oct 20, 2018

Those specs are pretty good, but again, I don't really want to build a PC. I'll keep it in mind though. The no RGB thing is ok, you can get addressable RGB fans pretty cheap, so I could just switch them out.

exroofer

Distinguished
Biggest problem here is that the $750 would build you a fairly decent budget gaming rig if you build it yourself.
And get you a pretty crap PC ( comparatively) for the same money as a prebuilt.
This assumes USD, purchased in the US.
Let us know if that is not the case.

You have a current pc yes? So you could use your current monitor, keyboard, and mouse for now?
Quick check of Newegg.com, so USD prices from a US retailer gets you.

1) A Ryzen 2600 ( Best midrange cpu value BY FAR)
2) a decent B450 motherboard.
3) 2 x 8 GB of decent 3000 Mhz ram.
4) RX 570 video card. ( best bang for buck budget card BY FAR right now. )
5) a decent mid range 600 watt psu. ( I say 600 watt, to leave headroom for upgrades.)
6) a 500 GB Samsung ssd.

For.... $700 ish USD. including shipping. For a solid 1080p gaming rig.

Stretch the $750 a wee bit and you can get a decent budget case with a side panel and a bit of RGB.

Which I absolutely garantee will stomp the living crap out of any $750 prebuilt you can find.

And have an excellent upgrade path for when you get working in a few years.

You should aim to have a custom build.

Here is your RGB heaven, nice Windowed case with 3 RGB from fans (should invest in 1 more RGB layer for exhaust, for now can take over front fan and put for exhaust), RGB Ram, some lights on motherboard. RGB Ram...

Motherboard: Gigabyte - B450 AORUS PRO WIFI (rev. 1.0) ATX AM4 Motherboard ($123.88 @ OutletPC)
Memory: G.Skill - Trident Z RGB 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory ($129.89 @ OutletPC)
Storage: Silicon Power - S55 480 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($54.99 @ Newegg)
Video Card: XFX - Radeon RX 580 8 GB GTS XXX ED Video Card ($189.99 @ Amazon)
Case: Cooler Master - MasterBox Pro 5 RGB ATX Mid Tower Case ($75.98 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: EVGA - BQ 650 W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($39.99 @ B&H)
Total: $779.71
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-12-19 22:03 EST-0500

This will catch anyone's eye

Solution
Honestly, there is no prebuilt PC that is better than a custom built PC.

This is because a prebuilt system is sold by a company. A company that likes money, and lots of it. It's CEO's like money, shareholders like money. So they will build you a very attractive PC (on the outside), and fill it with fertilizer, and then sell it to you as a freshly picked Rose.

Everything comes down to numbers, power supply? Save 3$ with one that lasts half the time? Sure!
Video card, a reference model for 15$ less? Yes!
Biostar motherboard? Whatever, throw it in.

It comes down to this. Simple. Read this and try to understand.

A company wants profit. Thus, prebuilt is based to maximize and fulfill preset goals.

Custom built wants quality. Choosing parts based on performance and reliability.

Another thing that should be mentioned, a lot of parts carry out 2-3, some 5+ year warranties. A prebuilt PC will give you flat 1? 2? Year warranty?

Dec 20, 2018

This is my alt account (I was the one who started the thread) I don't think that the power supply has a 4-pin molex, which is what powers the RGB fans in that case...

Uh wait, molex? They should be new style.. I haven't bought any RGB items, but I've only seen the new style connectors for the fans. It should connect through the case hub to your motherboard. I haven't seen any fans that use old style 4 pin in years... But the PC Case hub is questionable. I'll look later to double check

Dec 20, 2018

Cooler Master makes an adapter for that. It has 4 output molex connectors that power the fans. The adapter also comes with software to control the fans. It's only $35 on Amazon, so I'll get that.

Oct 20, 2018

I like this build best. I'll save some money and in a few years (or sooner) I'll build it. Thank you, everyone, for the help.

Oct 20, 2018

It's going to be quite a bit more than a week, this thread was more for a suggestion of parts and such, not that I'm going to build one immediately. Not only that but I also have to save a bit more money in order to afford it.

Jul 31, 2018
Wait for new Ryzen 7nm CPUs coming in summer 2019. They will be much stronger and cheaper than intel.
ryzen-3000-1.jpg