Question Best Budget Graphics Card For Me

Apr 5, 2018
I'm looking for a decent budget graphics card for around $100. Here are my current specs-
Intel i5 2500k
Msi hd 7770 1gb ddr5
620w Seasonic psu
8gb ddr3 ram

Here are the games I'd like to play (60fps)-
Skyrim SE, Subnautica, Fortnite, Csgo, and maybe Witcher 3.

Last edited:
You're in a tough spot. Your 7770 is just fast enough that spending money on a newer card that is low end isn't worth it. However, your 7770 only has 1gb vram and is just slow enough that you need more videocard for 1080p gaming.

If your budget is firm at $100 then I'd suggest a used card if you can't find a GTX 1050 for that price. To give you an idea of what to look for, your 7770 was below the 7790, which was below the 7850 and 7870, which was below the 7950 and 7970. The lowest you should consider is the HD 7870 or the rebadged versions(ie 270x or 370x). A card with 3gb vram or more, like an HD 7970, would help with the more demanding games. Your Seasonic should be able to power most cards.

Apr 5, 2018
Yeah im fine with buying used. Both the rx 480 and the gtx 970 seem like good options.

Feb 26, 2019
Hey I just saw your post here im actually upgrading to rtx 2060 from my 970 that I've had for about 3 and a half years now and it's great condition. Id be willing to sell it to you if you want as it was more than likely just going to sit here otherwise. I had to use my girlfriends Facebook account to login to here lol didn't feel like creating an account as im on my phone and it would be annoying to do currently. Definitely let me know I can send you pictures of it if you want the card is still great only reason im upgrading is because of income tax money and the card is getting a bit to old for the gaming I'm doing currently but it's served me super well never had an issues running any game until I played anthem and maybe ark survival evolved but thats just because that game is terrible on performance . I get my income tax actually tomorrow if the IRS gets it here on time so ill know by tomorrow when I should be getting the new card just let me know if you're interested it would help me out by getting me some of the money back and give you a better gaming experience than the 1050 in my opinion.