Best Budget MATX Motherboard Under £60? (Choose it for me!)

arronthebrown

Prominent
Nov 19, 2018
Hi all,

Recently purchased Asrock AB350m motherboard from Amazon, but they came with 1 standoff screw each lol.

Might as well take the time to post and ask the community, what is the best budget motherboard I can buy for under £60? My main focus is on longevity, and I've heard good stuff about ASUS and Asrock for AM4 motherboards. Remember, it has to be a MATX motherboard! :p

My specs:

AMD Ryzen 5 2600 (with stock cooler)
Sapphire RX Vega 56
16GB Corsair C15 3000MHz RAM
Thermaltake Versa H18 Case
x6 Arctic PWM f12 case fans
Acer KA241y Monitor

Estimates can go over £60 but only if they're extremely cost effective e.g. it is likely to last twice as long for an extra £10, or e.g. it has significantly better sound cards, same amount of USB slots, and a much better VRM set up for an extra £10, etc.

Thank you for the suggestions, I'll look at them tomorrow and probably pick one from here if I think it's better (or more cost effective) than the Asrock AB350M! :)

Solution

artk2219

Distinguished

Personally I'm not much of an Asrock fan, they've had some iffy capacitors and VRM's in the past (same for MSI). If I had a choice I would go for Gigabyte, Asus, or even Biostar over either of those previous manufacturers. Also, please make sure that your board has 4 memory slots, you may not need them now, but in the future its much easier (and usually cheaper) to just add more ram, than to replace the entire kit.

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/products/motherboard/#f=7&sort=price&N=4,16&m=8,9,18&c=124,133,123,132

Solution