[SOLVED] Best Budget Mini ITX Motherboard?

AlphaSpartan

Commendable
Mar 2, 2019
My PC specs:
CPU: Intel i5 8400
GPU: XFX RX580 GTS Black Edition
MOBO: ASRock B360Pro4
RAM: 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666 MHz
PSU: SeaSonic m12II 620 watt
Storage: MX500 500GB SSD and M.2 Samsung 970 EVO 500GB

I was thinking of shrinking my build to a mini itx from a regular ATX to save a little space, so I want to transfer my components over to a NZXT h210 case. I know I need to get a new motherboard because the old one will definitely will not fit in a mini itx build, so I was wondering if anyone had any mini itx motherboard recommendations, or if there is a mini itx that work best with my components. I'm also not sure how much I should be spending on a decent mini itx mobo for gaming, so I'd love any feedback/recommendations y'all might have.

Solution
That CPU doesn't need a particularly high end motherboard. It's not a high TDP processor, and can't be overclocked, so there's very little reason to go with anything more than this unless there is some specific feature you need that it lacks. With wireless AC built in, you don't even really need to run an ethernet cable to the case unless it's convenient to do so.

PCPartPicker Part List

Motherboard: ASRock B365M-ITX/ac Mini ITX LGA1151 Motherboard ($159.05 @ Amazon)
Total: $159.05
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-01-03 21:11 EST-0500
That CPU doesn't need a particularly high end motherboard. It's not a high TDP processor, and can't be overclocked, so there's very little reason to go with anything more than this unless there is some specific feature you need that it lacks. With wireless AC built in, you don't even really need to run an ethernet cable to the case unless it's convenient to do so.

PCPartPicker Part List

Motherboard: ASRock B365M-ITX/ac Mini ITX LGA1151 Motherboard ($159.05 @ Amazon)
Total: $159.05
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-01-03 21:11 EST-0500

Solution