mastergamer2014

Honorable
Jul 31, 2017
HI everyone, im in my mid teens and have a huge interest in building computers. The problem I can't overcome today is the fact that I don't whats the best motherboard to get. It needs to be LGA775 and support PC3-10600U ram ( hopefully more than 4gbs), and lastly it has to be micro atx, I work a part-time job and at the moment can only afford something between $50-$100. Any and all suggestions are appreciated. Also as a little side questions. How do I know what case supports at motherboard? What I meant by that is I know cases have different power button cords that plug into the motherboard , so how do I choose the right case? Thank you!

Solution
Standards. motherboards and cases are built to standards. ITX, micro-ATX, ATX, ExtendedATX to name a few.
the first three are the most common and will be the range you are looking at.
I assume you have parts already, RAM and a CPU you are wishing to use. 775 is an older socket and you could get a refurbished base system with a case RAM and CPU for around 100$ that will be newer than a socket 775 board with windows to boot.
example only, shop around, buyer beware.
https://www.newegg.com/dell-optiplex-790-business-desktops-amp-workstations/p/1VK-0001-197M9
add a gt 1050and you're gaming.

as to the motherboard question a listing of your parts already owned would be helpful.

R_1

Expert
Ambassador
Standards. motherboards and cases are built to standards. ITX, micro-ATX, ATX, ExtendedATX to name a few.
the first three are the most common and will be the range you are looking at.
I assume you have parts already, RAM and a CPU you are wishing to use. 775 is an older socket and you could get a refurbished base system with a case RAM and CPU for around 100$ that will be newer than a socket 775 board with windows to boot.
example only, shop around, buyer beware.
https://www.newegg.com/dell-optiplex-790-business-desktops-amp-workstations/p/1VK-0001-197M9
add a gt 1050and you're gaming.

as to the motherboard question a listing of your parts already owned would be helpful.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS