Question BEST BUDGET PSU'S For RX 6600 I5 12400

it depends on where you live (from which vendor you will be buying from)
prices vary a lot , what is best value for money in one country might be expensive in another and vice versa .
generally speaking your setup is not that demanding (assuming the rest of the system is just one monitor and a couple of hard drives basic mid range setup)
rx 6600 is very power efficient it only draws around 120w during gaming and your processor draws similar numbers .
entire system should be below 300w while gaming (not counting stress tests) .
500-550 good quality power supply is adequate for this setup - that being said you might consider buying a bit more powerful psu due to possible future upgrades .
brands that are generally good or at least guarantee some level of quality are seasonic , evga and corsair .
(whichever bronze/gold unit from these brands are cheaper in your country you can go for it)
if you can provide a link to a website from which you want to buy it from that would be very helpfull and
i can check the specific units for you and determine which one is the best value for money .

Last edited:

autoblogart

Honorable
Apr 18, 2018
it depends on where you live (from which vendor you will be buying from)
prices vary a lot , what is best value for money in one country might be expensive in another and vice versa .
generally speaking your setup is not that demanding (assuming the rest of the system is just one monitor and a couple of hard drives basic mid range setup)
rx 6600 is very power efficient it only draws around 120w during gaming and your processor draws similar numbers .
entire system should be below 300w while gaming (not counting stress tests) .
500-550 good quality power supply is adequate for this setup - that being said you might consider buying a bit more powerful psu due to possible future upgrades .
brands that are generally good or at least guarantee some level of quality are seasonic , evga and corsair .
(whichever bronze/gold unit from these brands are cheaper in your country you can go for it)
if you can provide a link to a website from which you want to buy it from that would be very helpfull and
i can check the specific units for you and determine which one is the best value for money .
Thanks for your reply ,

i am located in Morocco , the prices here are super crazy high , imagine an msi b660 a pro DD4 mobo is 280$ xD

i have found a psu in a local website :
  1. Corsair CX650-F RGB priced almost =87$
  2. MSI MPG A750GF 80PLUS Gold 750W : 150$

i am willing to buy from Canada i have siblings there i will buy and let them get these things to me ,
i have a question should i buy locally from canada stores or online ?
be advised i can't test the things i have bought from there until they reach out to me ,

both of them are overpriced :
CX and VS are budget series from corsair .
this particular model is made by HEC and uses a solid enough platform with mix of japanese and teapo capacitors .
MSI unit is made by CWT has better efficiency , better build quality and uses exclusivelly japanese capacitors on both primary and secondary side .
Both are able to handle your system with ease but for future upgrades and better build quality you may consider that MSI unit .
If those are the best you can find under 200 dollars that is .

if your relatives are willing to buy it and plug it in to test if it works before sending it to you that would be better .
canadian stores should have much better selection of units and also prices should be lower .
you can ask your siblings to order something like this for you in canada :
https://www.newegg.ca/super-flower-leadex-iii-sf-750f14hg-750w/p/1HU-024C-00006?Item=9SIAU16DEM6651

Last edited:
Reactions: Roland Of Gilead

autoblogart

Honorable
Apr 18, 2018
both of them are overpriced :
CX and VS are budget series from corsair .
this particular model is made by HEC and uses a solid enough platform with mix of japanese and teapo capacitors .
MSI unit is made by CWT has better efficiency , better build quality and exclusivelly japanese capacitors on both primary and secondary side .
Both are able to handle your system with ease but for future upgrades and better build quality you may consider that MSI unit .
If those are the best you can find under 200 dollars that is .

i wanted to go with a 750w gold + for future update allowance, what s the one you recommend , now when getting to the 850w in my local it will get crazy

corsair rm750 = 190$

corsair rm1000x= 260$

msi mpg750agf= 150$ ( people are saying it's bad )

i wanted to get a corsair rm750x do you know how much it's costing in canada ? or us ?

One more thing should i buy from online or local shops in canada ?

be advised i can't test until i get them to my country

i edited my previous post after i read you have the option to buy in canada .
if your siblings will buy it they can order it online (you can usually find better deals on various websites than in your local pc store)
they can also plug it in to some computer at home to test if it works before sending it to you .
well RMx (especially 2018 models are one of the best mid range power supplies made in a last decade)
so you can get this one: https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/product...-fully-modular-atx-power-supply-cp-9020179-na

autoblogart

Honorable
Apr 18, 2018
i edited my previous post after i read you have the option to buy in canada .
if your siblings will buy it they can order it online (you can usually find better deals on various websites than in your local pc store)
they can also plug it in to some computer at home to test if it works before sending it to you .
well RMx (especially 2018 models are one of the best mid range power supplies made in a last decade)
so you can get this one: https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/product...-fully-modular-atx-power-supply-cp-9020179-na
the thing i am worried about is shipping issues when buying from online they can damage the goods, i've heard bad stories of shipping in the us , i don't know if it's the case for canada

can you mention what websites i can get from ?? or should i buy from local retailers in canada ?

i don´t live in the region where they are shipping but it is probably the biggest retailer in the US
(and canada probably to an extend) when it comes to pc parts .
a lot of people are buying things from them
including many youtubers who also are reviewing their packaging and from what i saw they are doing a good job .

i wanted to go with a 750w gold + for future update allowance, what s the one you recommend , now when getting to the 850w in my local it will get crazy

corsair rm750 = 190$

corsair rm1000x= 260$

msi mpg750agf= 150$ ( people are saying it's bad )

i wanted to get a corsair rm750x do you know how much it's costing in canada ? or us ?

One more thing should i buy from online or local shops in canada ?

be advised i can't test until i get them to my country
Like to know what people are saying the MSI is bad since it is a tier 1 PSU?
https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/msi-mpg-a750gf-power-supply-review

autoblogart

Honorable
Apr 18, 2018
Ok I have the 850watt version and the fan on my RX5700 is the only one I can hear in my system if I bend down and listen to the case instead of watching the screen which sits on the top of the table..
It depends on the load of psu . You will not hear when its in a low load .
How long have you owned that msi for ? I love to hear long time ownera feedbacks