News Best Buy listings show Ryzen AI 300 laptops coming on July 28 — retailer moves availability date back by two weeks

Nevertheless, early benchmarks support AMD’s claims that its latest laptop CPUs gain 15% over the last-gen Ryzen 7 7735U

That CPU is not the immediate last-gen variant though. It belonged to the "Rembrandt R" CPU family, based on the Zen3+ arch. We are already on Zen 4 gen now.

And like we mentioned before in your previous article (in the comment section), the 15% IPC uplift appeared to be against the Ryzen 7 7840U, Zen 4 chip instead.

Videocardz did a much better comparison, and it is more clear as well. And they also correctly used the Ryzen 7 7840U, the Zen 4 chip as a reference.

https://videocardz.com/newz/amd-ryzen-ai-9-365-zen5-apu-tested-ahead-of-launch-ipc-uplift-measured

DDen75Z.png

Last edited:
Reactions: KnightShadey

hasten

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2007
I'm still struggling to decipher how these "AI Processors" are going to improve offshoring 2.0. It looks that will be the ultimate function of the so called AI revolution.

These AI processors seem like they are going to make data exfil and parsing much easier. Its the first thought that crossed my mind with co-pilot touching org data. The tech bros love to promise impossible feats while ignoring all the (extenstential) threats. FFS recall! Really???

vijosef

Proper
Feb 26, 2024
I'm starting to need a graphic map of the different CPU types, and with each article or section clearly labeled to indicate which specific CPU type it pertains to: server, laptop, office, budget gaming, mobile, AI, HTPC, HEDT.

In some other NEWS.

Slovenian retailer "Funtech" has the AMD Ryzen 9000 series AM5 "desktop" CPU lineup up for pre-order. But shipments start August 2nd.

The price seems to be less than previous gen, at least for the flagship parts, based on German and European pricing launch history.

AMD Ryzen 9 9950X, 659,90 €.

AMD Ryzen 9 9900X, 499,90 €.

AMD Ryzen 7 9700X, 399,90 €.

AMD Ryzen 5 9600X, 309,90 €.

https://www.funtech.si/si/vsi-oddel...ocesorji-cpu/amd-am5/?productView=1&brand=535

sxlW11Z.jpeg

Last edited:

KnightShadey

Reputable
Sep 16, 2020
Lol, yes that is an exception. Tough sell. The previous gen Ryzen 5 7600X is currently selling for 189/212 Euros, so this new SKU would be at a bad position in the market.

Also of course European market has never been the equivalent 'value' of the US, much worse when the excahnge rate was higher and they just substituted € for $ , now that seems to be the case with the pound where retailers just take the US MSRP and simply put a £ in front of it or worse. Plus VAT ontop of THAT! 🤬

Even in Canada it's nowhere near just exchange rate conversion, it's usually got an added % tacked on.
That why 'people' enjoy drop-shipping to US border terminals and using brokers or picking it up themselves.
It is also why I like shopping while at CES. 🤑

Reactions: Metal Messiah.