Best Buy Prices EeePad Transformer at $400

Status
Not open for further replies.

krinkles619

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2009
either way this is going to be pretty awesome, fusion or not. the fact that its a tablet and a netbook rolled into one with a massive battery life, AND probably at 500$ for the base model with dock is going to be excellent. chances are i'll replace my laptop with it for on the go use

paue888

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2011
As this is to be a laptop as well, I would prefer a better OS (window 7 or Mac OSX). Then it would corner the Market. As it is now its a hybrid without real growth potential.

scubadog40

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2006
I would of gotten one if all of this wasn't on the keyboard. It needs to be on the tablet.

"keyboard docking station provides SD card reader and two USB ports"

Unperson

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2010
NewEgg also had it listed as $399 (16GB), and $499 (32GB) (both out of stock) but has since taken the listing down.

THIS is the tablet I'm buying. Probably going with the 32GB and the keyboard.

/Kirkvoxinitialization

Must.. ..stay.. ..patient.

/Kirkout

Trueno07

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2009
This is the tablet i'll buy, it seems like Asus has a great product at a great price with some awesome features and functionality. I can't wait!

killerclick

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2010
[citation][nom]techseven[/nom]HAHAHA! Someone needs to take their "tablets" and start breathing through their nose... This gets my vote of "Overreaction of the Month"[/citation]

Yeah, he should be executed for overreacting!

maestintaolius

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]paue888[/nom]As this is to be a laptop as well, I would prefer a better OS (window 7 or Mac OSX). Then it would corner the Market. As it is now its a hybrid without real growth potential.[/citation]
Heh, release something non-apple with OSX, good luck with that.

They have that, it's releasing at the same time as the Transformer. Just google Eee Slate EP121 (battery life is definitely lacking compared to the Transformer though).

Without 3G or 4G connectivity this isn't really worth getting excited about. According to the specs, 3G is "optional in certain locales", whatever that means.

3G/4G connectivity or not, it would make a nice replacement for the wife's aging Acer lappy.

kj3639

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2010
This is the only, THE ONLY tablet I would possibly get. The fact that it turns into a netbook with 15 hours of battery life makes it quite useful, not just some jerk-off leisure device that a guy with a black turtleneck tells you to buy.

At $500 for the tablet and the keyboard, this is a great deal.

[citation][nom]paue888[/nom]As this is to be a laptop as well, I would prefer a better OS (window 7 or Mac OSX). Then it would corner the Market. As it is now its a hybrid without real growth potential.[/citation]

An apple OS being sold on a Non apple product? Lets think about this....... [:badge:3] [:mousemonkey:5] Good luck trying to convince them to do that! they like to keep there stuff with them in there own little conner of the tech industry.

[citation][nom]ProDigit10[/nom]Wish it could run Windoze!Unfortunately terga is based on ARM, which probably means it'll come with Linux or Google Os![/citation]

Might be running windows phone 7 but thats about as close as to windows your going to get. At least until the next generation of windows (windows 8 i do believe it is called). It said it will have arm support.

starryman

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2009
Not too bad... but when a better performing low budget laptop runs $400... I think there's a lot of price hype. For the sum of the parts and capabilities, the tablet should be more like $250-300 and keyboard for $50.

All I want is to be able to read Web sites, in portrait mode, untethered inside my own house, with WiFi. That way, when I want to read stuff I can sit with my family instead of retreating to my geek-cave like a hermit. 10" screen, touch, who-gives-a-hoot processing power, sounds good.

Status
Not open for further replies.