Best Buy Sued For "Misappropriating" Trade Secrets

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
[citation][nom]bbemployee[/nom]Ok tell me how amazon is so great........ mainly for the price but you still wait for shipping. Bby will give you instant gratification and we well accommodate matching amazons pricing hmmmmmm.... Try it sometime or so some research before you call it thievery[/citation]

Oh no, they don't have to wait for the (generally free and very quick) shipping, so they mustn't be thieves... Really, how does that logic work? If I can save huge amounts of money, which I can, then I'll gladly wait one to a few days for shipping. Instant gratification isn't worth the money. If it was so important, I'd go to a Microcenter instead of a Best Buy (neither are short drives for me at all, but if I had to choose between them, MC is the obvious choice). At least I'm still saving money while getting my "instant gratification".

Also, what is this price matching that you speak of? I've been to Best Buys a few times and I haven't heard nor seen anything about it. NCIX and some other stores do it, but I don't recall Best Buy matching Amazon prices, ever.

Amazon doesn't sell only to well-informed people, but most well-informed people would choose Amazon or another company such as NCIX, Newegg, and Microcenter over Best Buy most of the time.

Draven35

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2008
[citation][nom]blazorthon[/nom]Amazon doesn't sell only to well-informed people, but most well-informed people would choose Amazon or another company such as NCIX, Newegg, and Microcenter over Best Buy most of the time.[/citation]

Unless they actually want to, you know, look at the item in question first.

cliffro

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2007
[citation][nom]Draven35[/nom]Unless they actually want to, you know, look at the item in question first.[/citation]
Microcenter has B&M stores, and a lot of their awesome deals are in store only. My CPU/Mobo combo came from the Microcenter in Columbus Ohio. I saved over $100 vs anywhere else including having my friend pick it up and ship it to me and sending him the packing material(box and bubble wrap and paper stuffing).

I shop 3 places primarily, Amazon, Newegg and Microcenter. I'll also shop at TigerDirect when they actually have something priced competitively.

g00fysmiley

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2010
I still remember the day i had to say no 8 times to a warrenty on the new model xbox 360 because "even the new ones fail after about 6 months and you need to purchase the warrenty to buy the product here" i left got a manager and bought it from them becaus ei was about 10 seconds from punching the squirmy little salesparson in the throat... would have bought it from amazon or newegg and for cheaper with added bonsues but my wife wanted to use the kinect for a party the same night (which nobody used of coarse >_

velosteraptor

Honorable
Jul 20, 2012
[citation][nom]blazorthon[/nom]Also, what is this price matching that you speak of? I've been to Best Buys a few times and I haven't heard nor seen anything about it. NCIX and some other stores do it, but I don't recall Best Buy matching Amazon prices, ever.[/citation]

The program isnt price matching, they are referring to the program where if you buy a TV for 'X' price today, then you can give it back in 1 year for 50% of X if your buying the newer model TV.

rebel1280

Distinguished
May 7, 2011
[citation][nom]keczapifrytki[/nom]I used to work at Best Buy, and they are thieves. We were instructed to profile people and sell them as many accessories, services and credit cards as possible. Yeah, it's a business but there is a right way and wrong way to go about this. I always informed my customers, and recommended stuff based on what they told me. I got constantly yelled at for not pushing enough crap and getting people in debt with the stupid BB credit cards. I could no longer work where the devil lives.[/citation]
Same here man, i was in the computer department and WOW, you though i killed someone if i sold a printer without a service contract to people who could barely afford what they bought. I asked them first, whats their budget, what they wanted a computer for and how it was going to be used. I recommended the right computer, printer if they wanted and accessories but i didnt push anything at all. I figured the stuff would sell itself if it was presented correctly and not come off as pushy, and guess what it worked. But i left because i kept getting yelled at for not selling enough service contracts $30 dollar contract for a $50 dollar printer, common who in their right mind would pay that?!

[citation][nom]Draven35[/nom]Unless they actually want to, you know, look at the item in question first.[/citation]

That doesn't make it any less of a waste of money and looking at the item in person doesn't have much benefit at all over looking at professional reviews and such (which are generally more useful than looking at the item yourself). Besides that, if you really care about it, you can simply go to Best Buy, look at the item, and then buy it elsewhere. Even with gas and such included, your still almost definitely saving a lot of money.

[citation][nom]velosteraptor[/nom]The program isnt price matching, they are referring to the program where if you buy a TV for 'X' price today, then you can give it back in 1 year for 50% of X if your buying the newer model TV.[/citation]

Not a bad program, but I doubt that you end up saving money with it compared to simply buying a TV elsewhere and not replacing it every year, maybe even if you did.

Status
Not open for further replies.