Question Best card for 1440p Cod + Minecraft

Nucl3ar

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2013
Hey thanks in advance for taking the time to read this. First off I'm looking to finally upgrade my 2080 ti while it's still holding some resale value to help offset the cost. Been on waitlists since release for a particular 3080 (Aorus Xtreme) I wanted, but at thos point there is a lot of better options for the money.

What I'm looking at now is either a 6900xt or 3080 as they're roughly the same price. I play mostly Call of Duty 1440p and would like to max out my frames at 240hz, but also do some MC prolly with shaders. I would also like to start streaming using one PC so yes I do know the nVidia card would be the better option for streaming/Ray tracing, just how much better. I will list my specs below but I'm thinking I could use my 5900x for coding and have it come closer to using a nvidia card correct?

Thank you again and look forward to some input. Specs...

5900x @ 4.5ghz 1.22v
Gigabyte Aorus Master x570
4x16 Gskill Royal 3600
Gigabyte Aorus xtreme 2800ti

Nucl3ar

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2013
You could get either. If AMD's card, you get to keep it an all AMD affair. As for the build, you forgot to mention the make and model of your PSU and it's age.

Thanks knew I forgot something I updated the specs to add that info thank you. Believe me I wanna jump all over that amd card just for the frames in Cod, but I'm probably more just looking for reassurance I'll be able to stream decently close to using nvidia codecs, and be able to use MC shaders with decent frames.