Best Card for 2X?

G

I'm planning to upgrade my wife's computer with a different mobo (Tekram A6Pro A+) which supports the 2x mode. She will be scanning photos, picture, etc. I'm more into data, not graphics, so I'm not too knowledgeable about what would be the most advanced video card that her mobo would support. She will have a P3 500 mhz cpu, with 512 MB of pc 133 ram. I would appreciate your recommendation on the best video card for this mobo. Thanks.

mpjesse

Splendid
It won't make a difference which video card you get if you don't plan on playing games. If you do want to play games- I suggest either a Kyro2, ATi Radeon VE, or GeForce 2 MX. They're all around $100 and perform well. The Kyro2 sells for about $120.

-MP Jesse

"Signatures Still Suck"

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Any card will work fine, even the ultra high end and ultra low end cards. I like the Radeon LE, available from several vender on Pricewatch.com. It is a much faster card than the Radeon VE. It cost $69. The same card with TVO (tv-out, both RCA and S-video) cost just under $100.
But you don't even need that much card to work with photos. If no one is going to do any serious gaming on it, you can go for an even cheaper card, like the TNT2 M64 for around $40. Or even the old TNT2 Vanta. These cards, while slow in 3D performance, still support high resolutions.

Cast not thine pearls before the swine