Best card for heavy HD Video editing?

ragsters

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2007
I know that the 5870 is the best card out for gaming but will it do a great job for video editing too or are there workstation cards that would do a better job at that? My budget is around $400. Maybe a 5770 will do the same job. Remember this is not for gaming but for strictly photo and video editing.

Solution
I would stick with a 5770. A 5870 is a highend gaming card so unless you are gaming there is no point. A 5770 would give you several outputs and some juice behind your graphics. You could also game on it if you wish. Workstation cards are great, but really unless you are doing CAD stuff or 3d rendering, you don't want to spend the money on those cards.
I would stick with a 5770. A 5870 is a highend gaming card so unless you are gaming there is no point. A 5770 would give you several outputs and some juice behind your graphics. You could also game on it if you wish. Workstation cards are great, but really unless you are doing CAD stuff or 3d rendering, you don't want to spend the money on those cards.

Solution