Best case fans 120mm? Performance/Quietness

Status
Not open for further replies.

boostorm99

Reputable
Jul 2, 2014
Hi guys. I recently just bougt a bunch of pc parts for my first time build. I was wondering what the best case fans (120 mm) in your opinion are, in terms of performance and quietness. As well as would you reccomend the Nzxt kraken g10 water cooler for an asus 780 ti?

Noctua NF-F12, Highest quality fans with 6 years warranty, superbly quiet and move great amounts of air. All my case fans are now Noctua Case fans, simlpy because they are the better fan.

There are industrial all-black versions @ 2000/3000RPM, but come with an added cost.

NOTE: Noctua fans are also not cheap, expect a premium price for a premium product.

I would recommend the G10, but VRM cooling is poor.

IamTimTech

Admirable
Oct 13, 2014
I've had little experience with the Noctua fans, but with that little experience could see why so many people think they are the best fan out there. You of course are paying a premium for the fan, cool thing is they come with all the extensions and adapters you would ever need.

Noctua NF-F12 PWM

If you want a high end fan with a slightly lower price tag Corsair's line of SP (Static Pressure) and AF (Airflow) fans are really nice and you can pick up 2 of either for $28 as opposed to $22 for a single Noctua Fan. I really like these:

Corsair SP and AF120 Fans (Quiet and Performance Editions)

If you are budget minded I have had extensive experience with Cooler Master's Blade Master series of fans and for the money you can't beat them. Their Jet Flows are nice too.

CM Blade Master

RobCrezz

Expert
Ambassador
Corsair AF Quiet editions are decent.

I recommend the Kraken G10, but use some small heatsinks and thermal tape for the VRMs and it works well. Bear in mind the G10 isnt a water cooler, its just a bracket so you can use a Asetek based cooler (I use the Corsair H55 on mine).

I am partial to Arctic Cooling F12s. In terms of performance, they are similar to Noctua NF-F12s, but far cheaper. In terms of sound profile, the Arctic F12s make more of a "whoosh" sounds, since they move more air, and the Noctua makes more of a higher pitched "whir", since it operates at a higher RPM.

Another good choices are fans from Be Quiet! and Cougar.

there are new colour scheme's available, all black industrial fans and grey redux edition fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.