BEST CASE IN THE WORLD

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

PDH-NicFury

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2006
I know you're only joking about the Fatality case, gmoney, but let me break it down for the other readers why that's $360 not well spent...

Like I posted earlier, I loved my first case, a Cooler Master Praetorian... basically the same except the front 80mm fans were one on top of the other instead of side to side, same airflow design. Anyone else notice that the GPU'S HAVE NO VENTILATION? Yep, they'll bake, just like I found out when I upgraded my mobo to the ASUS A8N32-SLI and slapped in some 7800GTX's. The HSF's on the GPU's don't use rear-panel ventilation, so that hot air will get trapped in the bottom of the case... not good. (I Dremel'd three 80mm fans and a 12mm fan onto my case side, the 120mm for exhaust... worked pretty damn well. One of the 80mm's was placed to push air over my RAM. 8) ) That's one reason I love my NZXT, came with all the fans preinstalled 8) :idea: :!:

As for the other case, it's been around for some time, used by Voodoo I believe (F50?), fanless case, totally silent, and expensive so even Bill Gates has to think twice before buying. Actually, MaximumPC had a 'Rig of the Month" that showcased some guy making one like the Zalman, "Passive/Aggressive" is what it was called... passive cooling, aggressive overclocking.

PDH-NicFury