[SOLVED] Best case under $100 w/ good thermals/glass/fans included?

Jul 14, 2020
Hey guys, I can't decide on a pc case and could use some advice. Any recommendations for a good case under 100 USD that has a tempered glass side panel, good airflow, and fans included (preferably RGB)? Another criteria I have is that the case is preferably a smaller form factor than full tower or mid tower while still not being ITX. If I got a large mid tower case, I wouldn't even use the SSD mounts on the right of the mobo, and I think it looks weird when there's too much empty space in the case. I like the P400A but again my problem is that I don't want all that extra space. (I have limited space on my desk and don't need a huge tower) I also like the NZXT H510i because of it's small size but my main problem is I live in a very hot place and I don't think the H510i has enough airflow for me. The only ITX case that I am considering building in is the Phanteks Evolv ITX TG because I really like the way the evolv cases look. This part isn't important, but are there any other cases out that that have the door/panel cover over the front i/o like phanteks evolv and fractal design do? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Last edited:
Solution
Bigger than mITX is everything. Smaller than mid is mATX. And many times there's very little difference between a large mATX and a small mid.

Of course cooling type is also a necessity, you won't be sticking a 360mm AIO or a Noctua NH-D15 in many of the smaller cases.

Case: Lian Li LANCOOL 205M MicroATX Mid Tower Case ($62.99 @ Amazon)
Case: NZXT H210 Mini ITX Tower Case ($79.98 @ Amazon)
Case: Fractal Design Define Mini C TG MicroATX Mid Tower Case ($98.98 @ Newegg)
Case: In Win 301 MicroATX Mini Tower Case ($69.98 @ Amazon)

I never recommend buying an RGB outfitted case, unless you get the parts to make it work. Otherwise, you are stuck with different systems that may or may...

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Bigger than mITX is everything. Smaller than mid is mATX. And many times there's very little difference between a large mATX and a small mid.

Of course cooling type is also a necessity, you won't be sticking a 360mm AIO or a Noctua NH-D15 in many of the smaller cases.

I never recommend buying an RGB outfitted case, unless you get the parts to make it work. Otherwise, you are stuck with different systems that may or may not work out right, like 6pin rgb fans and a 4pin rgb mobo or ARGB fans and a RGB 5050 4pin only mobo.

Better to treat rgb/argb as an add on, make compatability easy.

Reactions: DMAN999
Solution
Jul 14, 2020

I never recommend buying an RGB outfitted case, unless you get the parts to make it work. Otherwise, you are stuck with different systems that may or may not work out right, like 6pin rgb fans and a 4pin rgb mobo or ARGB fans and a RGB 5050 4pin only mobo.

Better to treat rgb/argb as an add on, make compatability easy.
It's okay if it's a Corsair case though right? A lot of their RGB outfitted cases come with commanders or lighting nodes to make it all work together, provided that the extra fans that you get are the same as what come in the case. Am I on the right track?

1foxracing

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2011
How about the Phanteks P300A?
luR4qq9.jpg

I also have the P400A, and the P500A, all good cases with great airflow.