Best Cases (Archive)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't agree at all... Phantek is not even there and they make right now the best cases for the money.

If I was to change my Fractal Design XL Define 2, I would buy a Phantek EVOLV ATX.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff

Not the best if they never sent a sample :)

It's unfortunate phanteks didn't send a sample, they've got a nice line of cases including the enthoo pro m for those who don't want a larger case. Lots of good cases out there though and would be tough to list them all.

I wouldn't say the list is mostly junk, the fractal design r4/r5 are great, nzxt makes good cases and the ft04 from silverstone is a nice case even if it is a bit pricey. Silverstone tends to sell more premium cases though like lian li. The master case 5 is a bit more interesting than most cases and is somewhat similar to the enthoo cases in how it can be easily broken down and configured.

If anything the list may be a bit incomplete but if companies aren't sending their products for review there's not much that can be done. Hopefully they'll see these comments and realize their products are missing, maybe prompt them to send their products to be reviewed in the future.

uglyduckling81

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2011
Doubt I would trade any of these cases for my Antec P182. This is a quiet beast. It's only drawback is it weighs 85 kabillion tonnes due to how much metal is in the thing. By far the highest quality case I have ever laid eyes on. Seeing as lan'ing ended in the 90's it’s weight really doesn't matter very often. Plus no gimicky side windows.

VaporX

Honorable
Jan 20, 2014
I think this needs more definition, would love to see mITX, mATX, mid tower ATX and full tower ATX all split up.

JeanLuc

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2002
It seems to me we are still in the Ford era of any color if it's black.
Bah. I don't know how old you are but when PC's started taking over in the late 80's early 90's they were all beige. I don't care if they are all black I never want to see a beige case ever again.

Several good cases on this list. But I agree with others. Wish Tom's had a chance to review some Phanteks cases. Pro, ProM, Luxe and Primo are all excellent for the money. I'm sure they would be very competitive against many cases in this list.

Daniel Ladishew

Reputable
Apr 16, 2014
We need better representation of Mini-ITX on this list. Anyone not realizing it's growing popularity warrants more attention is living under a rock.

Joker41NAM

Reputable
Jul 5, 2015
Nice to see another Best Of list (even if there's disagreement on those noted).

NOW WHERE ARE THE OTHER BEST OF UPDATES?!?!? The Skylake series is out, yet the Best CPU list is still from June!

wkwilley2

Reputable
Aug 4, 2014
Also liked to add as well, it's been on here more than one occasion, but the NZXT S340 is an excellent Mid Tower case for those that wish to abandon ODD's. Also comes in cheaper than all these cases by quite a bit @ 70 USD and is mostly steel construction.

norseman4

Honorable
Mar 8, 2012
Really like my R4. It's being retired as my daily driver, but my next regular-sized traditional case build, whenever that is going to be, will probably use it.

Saljen

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2009
I'm shocked that the Corsair 450D isn't on this list. After hours and hours of looking through cases this was the one that stood out most in both of clean and subtle design, build quality, and especially ventilation.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
We shed our previous Mini ITX cases with the new platform and have another batch coming up this month! We also shed our full ATX cases back in December, it's just been taking a little longer to get the new Mini ITX stuff published, partly because the other writer is freelance and they have a "longer path".

We only have one Adam, he's working on getting that published right now. Of course, that means Mini ITX will wait a little longer. We're thinking of cloning Adam...

Indy_Nathan

Reputable
Oct 7, 2015
Does Corsair not send any samples? I just upgraded from the 650D to the 760T and I LOVE IT!!! It is soooo quiet and just a showpiece. My only complaint with most cases is that even with my new Sabertooth X99, there just arent many cases which support 4x USB 3.0 front connections. In my particular case, I used the 2nd internal header to purchase a USB 3.0 card reader/ USB port as I use both. Just would be nice...probably a year ahead of standard at this time and by that time it will be 3.1...sigh

Status
Not open for further replies.