Best Cases (Archive)

Status
Not open for further replies.

alextheblue

Distinguished
I've been looking at modest-sized full ATX cases, looking for something quiet, full front/bottom filters, easy to build and maintain, but with good cooling potential. I think I've settled on the Fractal Define R5. It's about at the limit of what I can use in terms of size, too. Anything taller or deeper won't fit nicely in my desk.

I'll probably tear out the fans though and drop in some Noctuas. We'll see.

bloodroses

Distinguished
I wish they'd list ultra small cases such as the Mini Box M350 case for those of us looking at an integrated graphics setup to be used on a TV. I know there are a few models out there such as the one listed, but not sure which route to go.

AndrewJacksonZA

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2011
In the Tom's Hardware team members' opinions, how do you consider the Nanxia Deep Silence 1 and Deep Silence 6 to fit into this list? Yes, they're relatively "ancient," but are they still worth attention if the user isn't concerned about flashiness and RGB-everything, but wants silence instead?

Edit: typo.

firstly, Nice write up except incomplete (as all such listings, maybe stating year and price range will get less negative messages.)

Like always a case is only as good as it is for a user to want/need own, many love the NXZT S340, cheap, pretty good case, but if you love 20 fans in your case, it isn't for you.

My point it, like a car, they should come with "options for a model" ... ah yes those companies exist and charge mucho dineros for those optional.

Soaptrail

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2015
No category for a case with 5.25 drive bay(s)? Some of us still have optical media albeit i use it less and less. Or even a media card option for downloading pictures from my camera.

mischon123

Prominent
Nov 29, 2017
Got me a custom build with a Carbide Air 240. 1800x/1080/750w/SSD/HD/Watercooled. Running at 53 Celsius here in Hawaii with 6 slow fans allday. The intake filter works really well. The line is a dense package, wellcooled and dustproofed in a great form factor.

araczynski

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2008
I have a giant fractal design quiet tower, which i love for its ability to be out of sight/ear/mind. lately though i've been wishing there was a desktop version. getting tired of towers, as well as getting under the table every time i need to tweak something...

daddywalter

Distinguished
May 21, 2011
Please mention in reviews if a case is available in both windowed and non-windowed versions. I prefer using non-windowed cases for business/office computers.

Apr 18, 2018
I am looking for a case to host 2 motherboards, my idea is to have under a single roof linux and windows sharing a single Power Supply (1500W). I am not interested in leds neither fancy adds. My motherboards will be 400 chip set and Core i7-8700K. What are the options out there?

Apr 18, 2018
I am looking for a case to host 2 motherboards, my idea is to have under a single roof linux and windows sharing a single Power Supply (1500W). I am not interested in leds neither fancy adds. My motherboards will be 400 chip set and Core i7-8700K. What are the options out there?

zoltan.boese

Estimable
Jan 30, 2018

I own such a case. They are made out of sturdy metal with thick foam dampening and they still deliver a good airflow. Check out their deep silence line https://www.nanoxiausa.com/collections/deep-silence-cases
or the new coolforce series with USB 3.1 https://www.nanoxiausa.com/collections/coolforce-cases

mischon123

Prominent
Nov 29, 2017

Dualboot?

Status
Not open for further replies.