[SOLVED] Best cheap 8GB DDR3 1600 mhz sticks?

Borg__

Reputable
Oct 30, 2016
I would like to Upgrade my pc to 16gb ram. Im finding the cheapest ram available. I saw here in online shops they got like cheap but it is only for AMD. Any suggestions?
i3 4170
2x4GB RAM

Solution
How bout this yruis 8gb 1600 ram? Or maybe i should stick with the branded ones?

For the most part, ram is ram.
Even the off-brand stuff should work just fine. Definitely aim to replace the 2x4GB with 2x8GB, opposed to simply adding more. That's where you might run into some headaches.

Just to confirm though, is this a consumer retail motherboard (ASUS, MSI etc), or an OEM (Lenovo, HP, Dell etc)? Some OEM boards can be picky when it comes to memory support.... Lenovo especially comes to mind.

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
How bout this yruis 8gb 1600 ram? Or maybe i should stick with the branded ones?

Even the off-brand stuff should work just fine. Definitely aim to replace the 2x4GB with 2x8GB, opposed to simply adding more. That's where you might run into some headaches.

Just to confirm though, is this a consumer retail motherboard (ASUS, MSI etc), or an OEM (Lenovo, HP, Dell etc)? Some OEM boards can be picky when it comes to memory support.... Lenovo especially comes to mind.

Solution

Borg__

Reputable
Oct 30, 2016

Yea i forgot the whole specs.
I got GT1030 and H8M1-VG4 Asrock

hildebranddj

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2010
I'm running Team Dark DDR3-1600 4x4GB with no complaints. Fairly inexpensive, just don't forget to turn on XMP in Bios for it to run at it's designed speed. (I just learned that myself the other day)

TRENDING THREADS