Best cheap psu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pogosipoyo

Prominent
Aug 2, 2017
Can someone please tell me how many watts do i need for a psu and some reccomendations
I have this specs
Ryzen 3 1200
Ripjaws 4 Ram 16gb (2x8) ddr4 black 2666 mhz
B350 bazooka
GTX 1050 ti
Thanks

Solution
Power consumption calculators such as the one linked are inaccurate, and often over estimate. They do this due to worst case scenarios and another theory is because they receive a larger profit from a power supply sale of higher wattage. Always best to go by professional power consumption tests using similar hardware.

That power supply tier list is outdated and contains many flaws (as with nearly all PSU tier lists). It is more misleading than helpful. It is best to go straight by professional reviews, or if you aren't sure how to analyse them, you could ask the community.

Your system will likely need under 200w while under a gaming load. A 350w, quality power supply would be more than capable, however there aren't many 350w...

Rexper

Respectable
BANNED
Apr 12, 2017
Power consumption calculators such as the one linked are inaccurate, and often over estimate. They do this due to worst case scenarios and another theory is because they receive a larger profit from a power supply sale of higher wattage. Always best to go by professional power consumption tests using similar hardware.

That power supply tier list is outdated and contains many flaws (as with nearly all PSU tier lists). It is more misleading than helpful. It is best to go straight by professional reviews, or if you aren't sure how to analyse them, you could ask the community.

Your system will likely need under 200w while under a gaming load. A 350w, quality power supply would be more than capable, however there aren't many 350w quality PSUs on the market.

I suggest the Corsair CX450M, which is normally a cheap power supply offering good electrical performance and quality.

What exactly is your budget and where are you located?

Solution

norimacek

Prominent
Jul 17, 2017
Be quiet! Pure power 400W 80+ silver, if you want silence and efficiency for around 50 $. 400W is more then enough for your build, which will consume 180-230W max, when heavily overclocked (the highest efficiency is reached between 50% and 80% loading of the power supply, for your system to run under the best circumstances). You could even go with 300W or 350W, but I would leave some room, If you want to upgrade to more powerful (and less power efficient) GPU one day.
http://www.bequiet.com/en/powersupply/755

If you have some room, I'd go with Corsair RM550x. It's golden rated, semi passive PSU, which will last 10 years or more. It costs 100 $, but you can use it in many future builds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS