Best Chia Plotting PC Builds: What You Need to Farm Chia Coin

TwoSpoons100

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2014
I'm running both an old sata (840 EVO 500GB) and an NVME (970 EVO 500GB) ssd for plotting at the same time, and there is only a few percent difference in plotting speed. I see little point in going all out to do many plots at once - estimated 'time to win' for a single plot is about 40 years. Running two plots at a time i can do about 6 a day - so its only a bit over 20 days to fill 14TB of hard drive with plots.

At this point it is too late for the party unless you are already deeply invested and have like 500 or more plots already. Difficulty went through the roof and network size lately increases by 1EiB each day basically.

teodoreh

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2007
Tom's Hardware should get clean to its readers and tell us if they get any money from Chia network. They have created such a fuzz for this crypto-coin like no other, writing several articles about it so far.
And ofc, Chia is not "green' at all! You may not need ASICs or GPUs to mine, but you need CPU power while you literally DESTROY NVMe drives and fill large size HDDs with garbage. Wow!

Reactions: Atiedebee

olin9

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2008
I have noticed you can also use the USB HDD also. but the time per plot is 7-10 hours. So if you have 6 old drives with 300 GB min. you can run a plot on each and still do 12 plots a day.

So we generate lots of reads/writes on wasted storage that no one actually uses for storage of any real data, call it a ChiaCoin 'plot', store nothing actually relevant on it, and decide this wasted storage magically has value as long as it has the word 'Coin' in it, and two or more fools agree it has value? :)

May 29, 2021
hello guys, i need some help.
I am running ChiaMining Rig on i9-10900kf and Asus Z490 mobo , what would be the expected temperature for the CPU ?
HWMonitor is showing 100 degree Celcius as Max and over 70-90 degree Celcius on current.
I set the plot as 2 Threads and Running 3 parralel plotting ..

Please advise , thank you