Best choose for 8GB DDR2 Memory

RainArt

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2008
I want to use 8GB DDR2 800MHz memory on my system.
CPU Intel E8600, MB Asus P5Q Deluxe, Vista 64Bit.

I am a photographer and designer so the stability + performance is very important for me.
I'm not interested in games and overclocking and the price of memory is not important at all.

Please help me the best choose from these models.
I want to use 4 slots of motherboard so should buy 4GB kits with 2.

Crucial Ballistix CL4 800
Corsair XMS2 DHX CL4 800
Corsair XMS2 DHX CL5 800
Corsair XMS2 CL5 800

I'm really confused which one can make the system very stable + good performance.
Thank you so much

RainArt

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2008
Thank you dear friends. :)

After reading your suggestion and info on some reviews, my selections limited to these CL4 models.

Crucial Ballistix CL4 800
Corsair XMS2 DHX CL4 800

But now I have another question. I read a lot about Corsair C4 DHX (4GB kit) is very good memory. And also in the QVL list of Asus P5Q, Corsair (4GB Kit DHX) is listed but Crucial limited to 1GB modules in the QVL list. My question is about that Corsair works with 2.1 Volt in CL4 but Cruical Ballistix works in 2.0 Volt. Do you think this different of voltage in 8GB of memory could make system not stable or any problem that push me to buy Crucial? Because I think Corsair XMS2 DHX is better.

I don't know what the QVL list is and I really don't care. The last memory I bought ( ddr2800 ) ran at 2.1 vlts..( 8gig ). The crucial ballistix ran at 2.0 Newer ddr3 ram runs as slow as 1.5 volts.......... so what do you want to know. It's not going to under perform because it has lower voltage. It's designed that way. What ever floats your boat. It's going into your machine. All we can do is try and steer you in a positive direction. I'm sure which ever one you pick will be fine.

My point is that it's safer to buy memory modules that are known to work properly in that specific motherboard instead of being the first one testing them out. I also prefer DDR2 modules that require 1.8-19V instead of 2.1V because they tend to run cooler, but that's a personal choice.