Best cleaning products for LCD screens?

kerryking

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2010
Hello, I was curious what cleaning products you fellows use on your LCD screens? Mine is a 25.5" lcd gaming monitor, and everything I have tried so far (electronic cleaning wipes I got at the store and lens cleaner) has left streaks. This is particularly annoying in dark portions of my games. What can I use to make my screen look sparkling new?

Thanks!

PS- If you can link to a product on Amazon that would be great. I tried looking for one myself, but there are so many options I did not know what to pick. >_>

kerryking

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2010

Great, what proportions of volumes do you use?

alaap988

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2010
you can use acetone too, but the good quality one,

i being a pharmacist, i know for a face that sometimes ipa is hard to find where i live, but again the acetone is easy and no-one will give u pure ipa or acetone

so you can mix both (distilled/boiled + filter through a filter paper = almost distilled water) and ipa/acetone

mix with 3/4 ipa/acetone and 1/4 water

ElectroGoofy

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2009
Yea, I got some Dynex anti-static screen wipes a few weeks back, but returned them because of the horrible streaking and lint left behind...

Is there ANY streaking with the distilled water + isopropyl? Also, do standard household water distillers get the water pure enough for use, or must it be obtained some other way? I am wantign to get a spray-bottle to sit on my desk, so don't want to deal with the boiling suggestion.