Question Best Cloud PC? AWS Workspaces?

randyh121

Prominent
Jan 3, 2023
Hello, not sure if this is the right section to put this so mods feel free to move it to another forum section.

I have been doing some research on needs to hide my IP and I have come to the conclusion that perhaps a Cloud PC will be the best solution.
There is AWS Workspaces and it seems like a viable solution, but I am wondering if there is any other options?
Also, I am curious on AWS Workspaces Web. I just need a cloud PC that has an internet browser, nothing else. I do not need a fancy rig but I do need to be able to customize my browser (Browser extensions, erasing cookies, basic browser management) so perhaps AWS Workspaces Web has all I need?

I'm wondering if there are any other cloud PC solutions that give me a good amount of freedom with a good price point.

randyh121

Prominent
Jan 3, 2023
Basically, you're looking for a thin client, where the actual "OS" is hosted elsewhere?
Correct, just a web browser hosted on another machine somewhere else. AWS seems to have that, but I'm wondering if there are other options you guys know about that provide a cloud service like AWS that could be better to use. I love supporting smaller businesses.