Best Computer/Gaming Chair

Zahid Shabir

Reputable
Apr 5, 2015
I am not sure where to post this
I am from the UK and am looking for VERY COMFORTABLE Chair I game a lot and up until 2 months ago i had a cheap4 legged stackable chair with a slightly cushioned seat and less cushioned back with stitched fabric over it then I had been using a similar chair with the EXACT same material and colour with the difference being that it was an office chair with wheels and adjustable seat Seat Tilt, Backrest Tilt (Backrest does not tilt that much) and a height adjustment
the cheap 4 legged stackable was barely OK sometimes after a while my back would hurt but then since going to this other chair the problem is much much worse I only have 3 variants of chairs in my house Dining Table Chairs, 4 Legged Stackable Chairs and the Office Chairs I really want a very comfortable chair and I do not want to spend over $700 and get one of those fancy vertagear chairs with all those different support mechanisms as they are over priced any help any REALLY GOOD chair would do as long as it is OK for its price

after reading a couple of posts I read that for best results have the chairs height set so that your legs are bent at 90° have the arm rests set at height of elbow have the mouse and keyboard set so that they are level or similar height from floor to the arm rest and have the monitor set at a height at the center of you face and that you do NOT have to move your head for looking at most of it but my desk is in a limited space and is not adjustable and it is in the attic where the slanted roof brushes against top of monitor but there is a 2" gap underneath the screen so maybe I could lower it

Geekwad

Admirable
In many ways this is like asking for a comfortable pair of pants. It's different for everyone.

I'd suggest going to a place with many to choose from and try them.

As a side note, a sit-stand desk (or make one to convert your own desk....there are several how-to's out there) will help the most overall so you don't always have to be in one chair for long periods. As an alternative, a cheap knee-bolster chair can help you switch positions periodically (healthy).

Zahid Shabir

Reputable
Apr 5, 2015

I do not know any place where i can try this as most places which sell chairs in my area usually only have them packed up at the back and not on display at all and I may not be able to return them as I have opened the packaging well if you know any stores which do this type of stuff i think Staples or Ikea have things on display but i have only been ikea once and have NEVER been staples even though i live around 2.5 miles from Staples the nearest Ikea is in the next city i have seen american youtubers go to such shops and i have seen displays on their videos but I will see

Staples will have chairs on display, everything Ikea sells is on display in their store (or should be). However I would recommend Staples over Ikea for this, as what you really want is a quality office chair not some cheap college dorm room chair that Ikea sells.

Zahid Shabir

Reputable
Apr 5, 2015

I have never been so do not know what stock they have on display or even if they do have anything on display they should anyway as the store is quite big compared to like 90% of the shops near me which sell office/computer/gaming chairs

Zahid Shabir

Reputable
Apr 5, 2015
well after going on their respective websites Ikea does not have the type of chair which I think i would need and Staples has pricing all over the place chairs with similar features and drastically different price points and their top chairs do not compare to the vertagear triiger series which is almost fully customisable as well as some of their costing almost twice as much including the one almost like the fully ergonomic vertagear triiger