Best Computer Memory: March 2015 (Archive)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tanyac

Reputable
@PJMELECT. Have to agree. I paid $249 AUD for a F4-3200C16Q-32GTZ kit in December 2016. That memory is still going strong. It's now currently priced as much as $799 AUD depending on which retailer, but the best price I can find is $689. That's almost 3 times the price as you said. I have a number of PCs that are sitting on 8GB 2400 that really need to be upgraded, but at 3 times the price, no way!

Sadly, I don't think prices will drop for a very long time, and here in AU, they never go back to previous levels after massive increases.

So it doesn't matter how "good" the memory is. The cost to performance/speed ratio makes purchasing not a viable option right now. There's little point in people pushing memory (even Tom's), until prices drop

cerealkeller

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2009
Who the hell chose these sets? I'm not a fan boy, but G Skill has the best RAM at 3200 MHz and up in speed, capacity and price. Corsair also has some good sets, but the price is higher than the superior G Skill sets in most cases. I'd be happy to see other memory companies come up with something I considered good. But when I enter the search criteria when I'm shopping for memory, G Skill and Corsair are almost always the only two brands with anything in that range.

Status
Not open for further replies.