Best Computer Monitors 2021

Jul 21, 2021
Yeah, this list is pretty thoroughly clueless. Samsung is notorious for making hypebeast garbage with terrible QC, and your #1 monitor is no exception. AND it's curved? How about a budget category?

Aug 20, 2021
What, no 24" monitors or 1080p (except compact ones)? Not even in the “best monitor for competitive gaming” category?
same here..
I work from home (I'm a programmer). I use 2 monitors (also at work).
What can I do with such big monitors? I now have two 22inch monitors. Looking to replace them...
But 32 inch??? Then I need to buy a new desk too :(
I guess 24inch in also good, but bigger is too big

dotScience

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2010
Another waste-of-my-time review from Tom's HW: there's already a second article on gaming monitors ... but, all the monitors in this review are for gaming, and are reviewed in terms of gaming, or watching video.

Does anyone at TH have a clue that there are people who use monitors many hours per day for reading, surfing, working with spreadsheets and text editors, and, that what is critical for that type of usage is legibility of text ?

For those of us using high-end software for digital graphics and design, color space coverage is critical, and, curved monitors are ,,, out.

This article, so typical of TH's focus on gaming, and its uncoordinated editorial content, is a good example of why I rarely visit the site. Years ago, TH was at theotip of my must-browse list.

Reactions: dwfuller

Co BIY

Splendid
I bought a 27" 16:10 recently for a programing station. It's a better ratio for productivity and deserves a spot too.

32" is pretty big at first but once but once you have it you won't want to go back. (Just like 2 and then 3 screens!)

I feel like I can hardly work now with just one screen. Single screen and HDD on a work computer - the problems of the technologically spoiled.

Reactions: Soaptrail and Endre

J053F K

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2015
What about the Alienware AW3423DW? Almost every review says it's the best gaming monitor ever made, and it doesn't make the list!

Matt_ogu812

Honorable
Jul 14, 2017
No matter which reviewer or site you visit very rarely will they ever agree on 'what's the best of anything.
It's no wonder it all becomes a matter of guesswork.

elimartin.golden

Reputable
Oct 2, 2018
Also missing a best Ultra Wide choice.
Absolutely...I also kind of hate:

"Its 32-inch panel offers plenty of height for productivity, like working on long spreadsheets in a way that’s easier than on a 32-inch ultrawide." That's what monitors like these are for:

LG 38WK95C-W 37.5" 3840 x 1600 60 Hz Curved Monitor
LG 40WP95C-W 39.7" 5120 x 2160 72 Hz Curved Monitor

Same height as a standard 32", just wider. I'd love to see a roundup of these and recommendations for the best one out there at different resolutions.

Reactions: Soaptrail
Sep 8, 2023
Why I am being directed to 2021 from a 2023 article is, well, mystifying.

No. Just no. Regarding Samsung monitors, both the G9 & G8.

1. Your warranty starts the moment you order it. So, if one waits a month before receiving the monitor? You have 11 months left on your warranty.

2. My experience with G9. Samsung technicians states 2% fail rate for G9.

Monitor started displaying symptoms then failed. Busted screen after 3 months. NEW monitor received. Pixel goes bad leaving BRIGHT BLUE pixel in line of sight. Technician dispatched with new screen. New screen? DEAD ON ARRIVAL. This was in May.

3 screens. Less than one year. All defective, or non-working.

Samsung support then says my warranty is over (back in June when contacted by Samsung tech). Except that Samsung listed my warranty ON THEIR WEBSITE as expiring on August 31st of this year.

3. My experience with G8. Monitor occasionally displays symptoms of failure similar to G9. And the horrible banding of shades of gray and black that can occur. I'm not even bothering with warranty.

4. My other experiences with monitors (I will refer to as X-brand):

6 X-brand monitors bought, combined over 30 years of operation. 1 returned and replaced.

5. Conclusion. I will buy anything else Samsung - I even have Samsung SSD's running great from 2014. I will never again buy any Samsung Monitor without (at least) a 3 year no questions asked speedy replacement warranty.

I junked over $3000 in G9/G8 monitors due to horrible, abysmal performance, support, <Mod Edit> warranty. Don't be me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 8, 2023
Another waste-of-my-time review from Tom's HW: there's already a second article on gaming monitors ... but, all the monitors in this review are for gaming, and are reviewed in terms of gaming, or watching video.

Does anyone at TH have a clue that there are people who use monitors many hours per day for reading, surfing, working with spreadsheets and text editors, and, that what is critical for that type of usage is legibility of text ?

For those of us using high-end software for digital graphics and design, color space coverage is critical, and, curved monitors are ,,, out.

This article, so typical of TH's focus on gaming, and its uncoordinated editorial content, is a good example of why I rarely visit the site. Years ago, TH was at theotip of my must-browse list

When I saw the G9 & G8 listed? I LOL'd and just had to create an account so as to document my $3000 mistake regarding Samsung monitors. They are great, WHEN the work. The problem is? QC for the monitors is well documented as... well.... be less than stellar.

Samsung has never posted my experience with the G9 & G8 on their own website because of how <Mod Edit> the review is.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sergei Tachenov

Commendable
Jan 22, 2021
I'm curious to see how my Neo G7 will fare in the future. It started pretty well: no dead pixels, no scanlines, no flickering, looks like a perfect unit. But it's been less than a month.

Nov 4, 2023
Testing a monitor with a white screen can help you determine if there are any issues with the display. Here are the steps to test a monitor with a white screen go and check on site.

Geezer760

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2009
Why does the title say Best monitors for 2024, and in this main thread it's 2021? If these are for 2024 we're only 10 days in 2024, makes no sense, seems like their just re-posting a best of 2021.