[SOLVED] Best configuration for my PC

hardys77

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2014
Hi, a few days ago I accidentally spilled water literally on my running PC, lateral case was taken off because reasons(never bothered to put it back) easier to clean PC and inspect it from time to time, PC was on and like half a glass on sparkling water fell right on the GPU, monitor went off 1 second, second 2 turned off pc but made up my mind didn’t even try to check on it, I know it’s done.
I was looking everywhere for a budget desktop, somewhere around 800-850€ (850-900$) found a few but not satisfied enough because either case too small, cheap components, weak psu’s, at this price it’s quite hard to find something good. I found Acer 50 Nitro but only with Intel and I would dearly prefer Ryzen. Now, I want to you if possible to tell me the best motherboard and case options for a ryzen 5 5600X paired with a gtx 1650. I had 1050Ti before and I think 1650 it’s a good enough update since they both still go by the same price since I’m not really into hardcore gaming, ryzen 5 5600X is a must. Please let me know your opinion and many, many thanks.

I wanted to order this
Sistem Gaming Lenovo IdeaCentre 5 14ACN6 AMD Ryzen™ 5 5600G 4.40 GHz, 16GB DDR4, 512GB SSD M.2 2280 PCIe NVMe, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 SUPER 4GB GDDR6, No OS but I checked an unboxing on youtube and the moment I saw the motherboard I knew it’s a no,no.
This also looks really good ( for me) but Intel
Desktop Gaming ACER Nitro 50, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.4GHz, 16GB, SSD 512GB, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 4GB, Free Dos.

If I get something I would like to upgrade it at some point and the Lenovo one it’s impossible and the Acer one has intel and unless someone changes my mind to “betray” amd, I wouldn’t go for it.

Last edited:

hardys77

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2014
Newegg's ABS systems offer some of best options for quality pre-builts around with a large selection of options.

NZXT also offers some good configurations for custom pre-builts, though their price range may be a bit higher than you're looking for.
I’m fine if I have to assemble it by myself, I just want to know best motherboard and case for the cpu & gpu.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 3.7 GHz 6-Core Processor (€207.99 @ Mindfactory)
Motherboard: MSI B550M PRO-VDH WIFI Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard (€104.90 @ ARLT)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL18 Memory (€65.90 @ Alternate)
Storage: Western Digital Blue SN570 500 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive (€55.90 @ Alza)
Video Card: Asus GeForce RTX 3050 8GB 8 GB Phoenix Video Card (€319.89 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Case: Cooler Master MasterBox MB320L ARGB MicroATX Mini Tower Case (€51.90 @ Alza)
Power Supply: SeaSonic FOCUS GX 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply (€77.00 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Total: €883.48
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2022-05-23 23:38 CEST+0200

fHX5XGbknKv7sX9NbbRc9c-970-80.png.webp

Last edited:
Reactions: KyaraM and punkncat
Solution
just want to know best motherboard and case for the cpu & gpu
one of the best, if not the best, case available out of the last couple years:
be quiet! Silent Base 802.
ryzen 5 5600X paired with a gtx 1650

a motherboard for a 5600X based system should be pretty easy for you to pick out.

i have been using mainly ASUS for the last 10 years or so but from my recent experiences over the last 2 builds, and many reports on forums such as these, they seemed to have really dropped the ball with their customer/technical support.
plus their software support has declined to near ridiculousness regarding their motherboard control software(s).

Gigabyte recently seems to get the most reports of failed hardware, other manufacturer defects, and odd compatibility issues.

but there are still so many good options from the reputable manufacturers that aesthetics & price should be your biggest concern.
a slightly narrowed down search of MSI & AsRock compatible boards, you should be able to further narrow it down to a good selection that matches any system theme and price range you may have in mind:
AM4 Ryzen ATX boards.

Last edited:
In this build you could readily sub in the lesser GPU and increase storage, if gaming is truly not what this is about.
I am limited to what PCPP shows me, but the next rung on the ladder was the RX6500XT. At €200, it's a significant step down in cost, but it's not without it's drawbacks. The x4 interface is largely negated by the 5600X being PCIe4.0, but the 4GB VRAM is lacking comparatively. The 1080p medium chart I linked above is admittedly a best case scenario, but I also feel like Ultra settings are unrealistic/unnecessary. I don't fault reviewers for using Ultra settings to simulate a worst case scenario, but it's been shown that Ultra offers very little noticeable visual improvement over "High" while also losing a lot of performance (nearly halving the FPS compared to medium in these tests). Most people aren't going to want to game at <60fps these days, so how applicable is Ultra settings when you need to spend >$300 on a GPU to achieve playable framerates at 1080p? Is it even worth testing at Ultra? (hence why they included Medium settings)
You can see how the 4GB cards start to show their weakness compared to say the 5500XT 8GB at 1080p Ultra:

BvXW74etMCgQm8Xe9xTDUG-970-80.png.webp

None of this is to say the 6500XT is a bad GPU. You just need to align your expectations with the inherent limitations and the intended performance category. Even if you take the 1080p ultra chart for reference, the RTX3050 offers 50% more performance, but at 50% more cost, so it's a wash, you get what you pay for. And in scenarios where the 4GB VRAM isn't limiting, the RTX3050 only offers up +30% performance, making the 6500XT look like a bargain comparatively!

Last edited: