best cooler for i5 7500

SgtAqua

Commendable
Jan 11, 2017
I have everything figured out for my new pc except the cpu cooler. Which one would be good for my i5 7500?

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
Aftermarket CPU cooler is useful only when you have K-series CPU (e.g i5-6600K) that you can OC (overclock). Since OC generates a lot more heat than running CPU on it's default speeds, the aftermarket CPU cooler is needed (like i have done in my Skylake build, specs in my sig).

somecanadian

Commendable
Dec 17, 2016

Did your CPU come with a cooler inside? And if so, where did you buy it. For some reason Im hearing the new i5 7500 doesnt come with a stock cooler

leandronb

Honorable
Mar 6, 2013

any locked cpu will come with intel stock cooler, now only the K series comes without the stock cooler because who buys it will probably overclock. i am looking forward to buy the 7500 too since i will not overclock and will save money on the cooler and motherboard.

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador

The only way to buy i5-7500 (or any other non-K CPU) without an Intel's stock cooler is when you buy the OEM/ tray version of it. This way, there's no fancy retail box around it and chip comes in a small plastic enclosure.
As name suggests, non-K CPU without stock cooler is good for system builders (OEM) or persons who only want to get the chip without the cooler.