Best Cooling (Archive)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of those other companies need to start sending Tom's Hardware more review samples. Enermax and Arctic Cooling have popped out some products, and I think everyone would like to see how the Hyper 212X stacks up against modern competition.

Joker41NAM

Reputable
Jul 5, 2015
Given that the main page refers to this as "Best Cooling," have you considered adding another page to recommend case fans?

g-unit1111

Titan

I just bought a Cryorig H5 to replace an aging Hyper 212 Evo and very glad I did. Much quieter and keeps my system much cooler than anything else I've ever used. Cryorig definitely needs some more mentions here.

Ryan_137

Commendable
May 11, 2016
There should be an entry for 120 and 140mm rad coolers. some smaller cases just cant fit the 240s or 280s, so there is a market for them.

joz

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008

Do you have any hard numbers on the Cryorig H5 vs the 212 Evo?

Also, I've got an 212 in both systems and I can't hear them even at max speed (high quality cases though, that might make a difference.)

thedanimal

Commendable
Jun 26, 2016
I will second the desire for either the Cryorig H5 or H7 to be looked at. The H7 in particular seems a much better choice than the DeepCool Gammaxx 400 for the price.

LoneWolffe

Reputable
Mar 4, 2015
I think it would be nice if the article mentioned cooling capacity, perhaps a CPU wattage rating or temperature drop comparison. I'm in the middle of designing a new build myself, and dB and cooling capacity are important considerations. Still, I'm not planning a monster gaming machine, so I guess I can stick with what I know, partial to my old Zalman Ruby Orb.

logainofhades

Titan

Yea, there is a fair number, of us mods, that are using Cryorig coolers, of one form, or another. I have the A40, AIO, myself.

Dark Lord of Tech

Retired Moderator

I have 1 - R1 Ultimate , 2 - H5 Universals , and 2 - H7 's , all are great performers.

I have a H5 Ultimate on the way , for a build next month.

Very well made , easy to mount.

dreamalittle

Reputable
Mar 26, 2016
+1 for Scythe. Their kotetsu from years ago performs better than every single one of these for t delta noise AND price (besides the noisy argon).

Status
Not open for further replies.