Best Cooling (Archive)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nightshadexl

Honorable
Jul 7, 2012
Maybe you should actually show a graph with temps as well to see the difference between choices. Even reading each coolers review you won't see a single review that shows the majority of the choices compared to each other.

Onijin

Reputable
Jan 15, 2016
I'll heartily recommend the Arctic Liquid Freezer. If you have the room in your case for it since it comes with 4 fans for push/pull, it's a hella cheap way to keep your CPU from melting. Keeps a 2600k at 5ghz/1.39v around 72c under full AVX load. And amazingly it doesn't sound like a dustbuster while doing so.

fxv300

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2010
Cooler stats are pretty much meaningless without proper stats.
For example Arctic Freezer 33 is it man enough for a Ryzen 1800x ?

gerald191146

Honorable
Oct 30, 2012
Has anyone bought from "Aero Cooler"? Looking to buy the Scythe Fuma as it is a great performer at a lower cost than its competitors.

It's not that there's anything actually wrong with it aside from being an older cooler. It may not appear in a 'best' list unless the list is based on price brackets just because it's a budget cooler and can't compete with nh-d14, dark rock pro 3, cryorig r1.

The cryorig h7 is basically an updated 212 evo. Even though it's from a different company it cools a couple degrees cooler, just a little quieter and it has an updated design that makes it more favorable for intel builds. Maybe amd as well though I'm not as familiar with the spacing between the cpu socket/cooler mounts and the ram slots. It uses an offset heatpipe design so there's 0 ram conflict on intel platforms like lga1155, 1150, 1151.

The fan on the 212 evo presses against ram in the slot closest to the cpu unless using low profile ram or moving the fan up (which makes the overall cooler height taller). The h7 is also shorter which can mean the difference between fitting or not fitting in more narrow cases.

Prices are similar (at least in the U.S., local pricing may vary other places). The 212 evo is only $5 cheaper, for $5 more the h7 offers a slightly better cooler all the way around in both performance and clearance. I can't speak to the fan that ships with the h7, the one that ships with the 212 evo is a pretty mediocre quality fan. Cheap plastic, sleeve bearing, the fan died in less than 2yrs. Coolermaster isn't exactly known for high end fans. I imagine the cryorig fan is better, certainly no worse.

fxv300

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2010
In the end bought the BeQuiet! Silent Loop 280mm, very quiet indeed and works well with my mobo
https://sites.google.com/site/ryzen7rig/

Status
Not open for further replies.