[SOLVED] best cooling config for nzxt h510?

• Thread starter Deleted member 2798512
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 2798512

i have a radeon rx 5700 and ryzen 5 3600. should i buy an aio or can i ust use the 2 fans that come with the case

Solution
That's 2 different questions. The H510 gets better gpu temps with just the 2x fans at rear, but that's case cooling.

For cpu cooling, that's using a cpu cooler, which you can use a 240mm aio in front or a 120mm in the rear/top. Or use the stock cooler or use an aftermarket air cooler.

Neither way requires buying seperate fans. Just possibly a seperate cpu cooler.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
That's 2 different questions. The H510 gets better gpu temps with just the 2x fans at rear, but that's case cooling.

For cpu cooling, that's using a cpu cooler, which you can use a 240mm aio in front or a 120mm in the rear/top. Or use the stock cooler or use an aftermarket air cooler.

Neither way requires buying seperate fans. Just possibly a seperate cpu cooler.

Solution
As @Karadjgne stated, gpu temps will increase a few degrees. But if the case airflow is good it's only a couple of degrees.

I use a Corsair H60 on a 3800x and it does the jog just fine. Goes to show that a 120 AIO is equivalent to a good air cooler. The 3600 is a much lower TDP cpu and a 240 AIO is overkill for it. Upside is how silent it would be.

I have a NZXT 500H due in next week, looking forward to it, love the NZXT modern designs.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
I use a Corsair H60 on a 3800x and it does the jog just fine. Goes to show that a 120 AIO is equivalent to a good air cooler. The 3600 is a much lower TDP cpu and a 240 AIO is overkill for it. Upside is how silent it would be.
Yes. The Corsair H60 is a 140w dissipative capacity cooler. The CM Hyper212 Evo is also a 140w dissipative capacity cooler. It happens that they also have almost identical temp curves and do have identical max temps.

With either air or liquids, in their respective ranges of capacity, they are the same. Any differences in temps will be solely due to efficiency of the heatsink itself and the fans compatability.

Status
Not open for further replies.